Wednesday, September 22, 2010

RePa* Recipe-Salmon and Pasta

*Refrigerator/Pantry Recipe

Well hello Autumn!  You arrived in a deluge of needed rain that lasted through the night.  I hope you will hurry up and dress the oaks and maples and serviceberries in their fall finery.  I can't wait to crunch through your fallen leaves and gather masses of chrysanthemums for the table.  Now if you'd just cool off enough for me to don my fall wardrobe and put away summer.  

It has been awhile since I've posted a RePa recipe.  We have had plenty of leftovers but none met my requirement of having everything on hand and putting it together in a tasty way.  Last night's dinner ended that drought!!

We had delicious wild salmon filets for dinner on Sunday.  They were prepared very simply with a little salt and pepper and quickly sauteed in butter and oil then sprinkled with fresh lemon juice.  There was a nice-sized piece leftover to turn into last evening's dinner.




Salmon and Pasta
(From my refrigerator, pantry and me) 

1/4 package of angel hair pasta (I used whole wheat)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
small onion, halved then thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
8 ounces (or so) coarsely flaked cooked salmon
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped

Prepare pasta according to package directions 

Saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat for about two minutes.  Add the garlic and saute for one minute longer.  Add the white wine and simmer for two minutes.  Stir in the butter.  Add the salmon and just heat through.  

Drain the pasta and add to the skillet.  Top with the parsley.

Enjoy!

22 comments:

  1. YUM! Now I have dinner for tonight! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I invite myself over for dinner, next time you make this? It looks amazing.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! what a great recipe for left over salmon. hope you did not get to much rain but just enough. we are back to needing rain, it seems we get to much, then not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to come eat at your house! You're really an amazing chef!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have some leftover salmon in the fridge, and of course plenty of pasta in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the RePa idea as well as your recipe. One speaks to your creativity, the other to your ability as a cook. The pasta looks wonderful. Are you using the new camera? Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this way of using leftover salmon. That doesn't happen very often here so next time I'll cook a little extra for this pasta dish. Delicious photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks delicious! I love salmon and must try this with the leftover, if there is any.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one got printed, picture and all. I usually make salmon spread with leftovers and have sandwiches, this is a good alternative and I'll make it next time we have leftover. So simple and yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great salmon recipe. Love salmon and love pasta. I find RePa so cute; how did you ever come up with this? thank you for sharing this one.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful this sounds. I often prepare salmon and will have to try this next time I have some left over pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors in your pasta dish. Some of the best dishes I've had combine salmon with pasta...this looks like a winner too! I wish I was eating this tonight...alas I had to pack my lunch (and my dinner!) so no yummy pasta for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummmm...this sounds so good.
    Gonna have to try this one.

    Thanks for liking the numbers on my white canisters..are you sure they aren't TOO big? I sometimes overdo things...:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I never think of combining Salmon with pasta! Thanks for the recipe! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious looking and so healthy too! Great pasta recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My son would love this. I wouldn't have guessed pasta with salmon. Great idea.

    Plan B

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love using left over salmon this way. I usually steam mine in parchment int he oven with leeks, lemon, and herbs. Then the next day I cook up some linguini and squeeze lots of lemon juice with olive oil. The leeks and salmon tastes so good the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my...that looks quite delicious! I have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please bring some of that rain with you when you come to va! Your salmon and pasta dish sounds lovely. Gotta show that salmon some leftover love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy! I love Salmon and pasta! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man - this looks amazing! I love all things salmon so this has my name written all over it :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.