Friday, October 15, 2010

The Last of Summer's Salad Days....and a Contest and Prize!!

 The homegrown tomatoes might be dwindling from the markets but the deliciously fresh greens from Fresh Express in their new artisanal salad mixes can grace our table with delicious salads throughout fall and winter.  Don't forget the demonstrations in your local supermarkets this weekend, October 16 and 17.  Go to Fresh Express to print out a dollar off coupon.  And, let the delicious fun begin because.....there's a recipe contest involved.    

Here's what you do:  Use the Fresh Express salad mixes in your own way and send me the recipe.  You can post it in the comment section of my blog or e-mail it to me (the address is on my comment page).  The contest starts on October 18 and ends on October 31, 2010.  Fresh Express is furnishing the prize:  A $25 AmEx Gift Card.  

I'm not eligible but here's my latest Fresh Express offering.


GARDEN SALAD ON NAAN

Brush the naan with a little olive oil and put under the broiler to just heat through

For the salad, I used the Fresh Express Sierra Crisp Herb blend and added a mixture of heirloom tomatoes, kirby cucumbers, and thinly sliced red onions.  The dressing is a simple drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, both to taste, as well as salt and pepper

Start with the naan, add thinly sliced fresh mozzarella and pop under the broiler until the cheese slighly melts.  Top with the salad mixture, act like it's still a sunny summer day and enjoy!


20 comments:

  1. Yum, I love a good salad on top of naan bread. I'm enjoying our local tomatoes every day because I know they will soon be gone.

    I'm off now to print out my coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to enjoy the Fresh Express! I licke the mozzarella cheese added to it too! Yum!

    I'm getting my coupon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think it was summer to see this pretty salad! But I have never heard of nann! I see a commenter says it is bread, but why have I never seen any in bakeries or heard of it? What makes it different? I am all about bread and love it, and thought there wasn't any kind I hadn't heard of! I'm going to Whole Foods today, maybe they will have it, I'll look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious looking salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delicious looking salad and a fun contest! I doubt our ONE local grocery store will have this, but I'm going to check.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely salad. Fresh flavors. Smartly served atop the naan bread. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful. That looks like a good Sunday supper. I will be trying it.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combination... salad on naan is delicious and good for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love salad and I love bread...so your creation sounds just about perfect to me. I'm excited about the contest too! I am going to try to whip something up. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bonnie, Your salad looks fabulous... Made my mouth water!!!!! When is lunch??? I'll be there...ha ha

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh fun! I'm going to have to think about this one!
    I'll come up with something.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your salad looks wonderful, Bonnie. Bob and I have begun our travels so my visits here will be sporadic for a while to come. I'll be thinking of you and your wonderful food while I'm gone and will visit regularly on my return. Thanks to the scheduler we will be posting daily, so do stop by when you can. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. who knew a salad could be a work of art. this would be nice framed and hanging in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummmmmmm!

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete
  15. This salad is absolutely yummy! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anything on naan is great but this salad looks AMAZING on the naan! YUMMY!

    Happy to have found your blog.

    Jenifer

    Jaime and Jen Dish

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aren't tomatoes the best, and it's so sad they're almost over for the season. I love the salad with the naan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely salad; everything fits right in.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.