Friday, October 8, 2010

Pork Medallions and Noodles in Peanut Sesame Sauce


Around here, pork tenderloins come two to a package.  I have various recipes that I use for roasting them whole.  When there are just the two of us for dinner, I usually take one out before it is quite done and use it another day for sandwiches, finishing it off then.  This dish, which is a combination of two recipes, gives us a second nice pork dinner.




Pork Medallions

1 one pound (about) slightly under roasted pork tenderloin
cut into 1/4 inch slices
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp nam plah (Thai fish sauce)
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan large enough to hold the pork slices all at once.

Saute the slices in the hot oil for one minute.  Turn over, sprinkle with the garlic and fish sauce.  Saute for one minute.  Turn and saute for an additional minute.

Transfer the pork and the liquid in the pan to a platter and keep warm while preparing the noodles.


Noodles in a Peanut Sesame Sauce
(From June 2002 Gourmet and Me)

Dressing:  This can be made ahead of time

1/2 creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup warm water
2 tbsp peeled and chopped fresh ginger
2 medium cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste

Puree all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 3 minutes.

Noodles

1/2 pound whole wheat thin spaghetti
5 scallions with about an inch of green, thinly sliced
3 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted

Cook pasta in salted water under tender.  Drain.

Add the pasta, scallions and sesame seeds to the dressing.

Serve with the pork medallions.

ENJOY

21 comments:

  1. A simple dish, made perfect with those delightful noodles! What a tasty sauce! Bookmarking this one!

    Love the clown nose on your punmpkin!! He made me smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be coming back to this one! LM is allergic to peanuts, but Pop Pop and I will enjoy this after he has gone home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love pork tenderloin and thai cuisine; thank you for giving another recipe to tryout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love your blog celebrating life and FOOD! I also enjoy cooking and making up my own recipes and am a volunteer testing cook for Cook Country a spin off of Cooking Illustrated. I was happy to note that you order from Penzey's Spices, my favorite vendor of dried herbs that I don't grow myself. Isn't fish sauce a good addition to so many recipes (if not over used)? It is near the top of the list of foods/spices that have umami.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I'll be trying this recipe soon. Love peanut sauce with pork and noodles. Great header photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that, good idea when there are just two of you. Sounds like a flavorful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sesame noodles...my only danger is that I'm tempted to eat the whole bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look really,really nice, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tasty sauce. Simple, easy and a crowd pleaser, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yum, this really looks and sounds good. I just bought a book, The Spirit of Food, that I think you would like. On the cover it says, "34 writers on easting and asting toward God." I just read the introduction and can hardly wait to read more. If you can't find it at a bookstore, I can give you the website where I got it. It is compiled by Leslie Leyland Fields, published by Wipf and Stock Publishers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so yummy, wish I could taste it!! How was the play?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hungry - that sounds fabulous, Bonnie!!!
    Love your pumpkin header too!
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bonnie, I would love the noodles in Peanut Sesame Sauce... As much as I love peanuts (and peanut butter), I love anything with peanuts in them.

    The pork sounds good also --but why the fish sauce???? I'm not sure I would add that.... But--you are the 'chef' --not me...

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. that sauce sounds absolutely delicious~~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome, awesome, awesome photo. That was laugh out loud funny. That is the funniest clown/pumpkin I've seen.

    I am a big fan of noodles. I eat them a few days a week for lunch at a local noodle bar. Wouldn't mind at all giving yours a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a wonderful dish! Pork tenderloins are just not used enough, thank so much for such a great recipe! I love the pumpkin head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We adore peanut sauces...in fact, I could be very happy with a big bowl of noodles and peanut butter (which, yes, we've eaten on more than one occasion!) Obviously your dish looks far more flavorful and nutritious. Pork medallions are so good, and I'm sure they were a lovely contrast to the creamy pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pork tenderloin is one of my favorites. I have a favorite way to cook it, but switching it up every now and then is nice too. Your medallions look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bonnie...I've made peanut sauce before especially since I enjoy it so much. I did not however have red wine vinegar as part of the list. Will have to give your recipe a whirl next time ;o)

    Love the halloween welcome.

    Ciao for now,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the sound of those noodles with the peanut sesame sauce- the flavors would go so well with that pork. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.