Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Oliver

It's time for a birthday celebration!



Oliver is four years old today.


He's resting up for his celebratory dinner tonight and dreaming of a carrot cupcake (which he will enjoy minus the icing).


 Carrot Cupcakes from Martha Stewart with a bit of tweaking by Bonnie

For 12 cupcakes

3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
zest of one orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground allspice
a grating of nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar

1.  Preheat oven to 350.  Line a 12-cup muffin tin with festive paper liners.  In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla and eggs.

2.  Stir in baking powder, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg and salt.  Add flour and mix in.  Stir in carrots, walnuts and coconut.

3.  Divide the batter evenly among muffin cups.  Bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.

4.  Prepare frosting by whisking together the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar.

5.  When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost.

ENJOY!

22 comments:

  1. A very happy Birthday to Oliver, love, Flavia and MOU!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes happy birthday to the prince of the house! Carrot cake is the gardener's fav...I should try cupcakes sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonne fĂȘte Oliver; my son's birthday tomorrow; he sill be 40, that's why I'm getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you embrace the joy of Oliver and how he is treated to great treats from your kitchen ;o)

    The best of B-days my friend...xoxo, 'Sushi'...Claudia's puppy ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Oliver! He's a cutie! And getting a carrot cupcake! He really is a "lucky dog!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Oliver! Fancy having a cupcake. Careful, he might pinch another. LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hubby would love these cup cake, he loves carrot cake. oliver you are very very beautiful and look so soft and cuddly, birthday hugs for you from me

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome fellow he is! Happy Birthday Oliver! Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want one of those cupcakes :) Happy birthday sweet Oliver!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is gorgeous! I have always wanted a dalmation! So beautiful. Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oliver just makes me smile whenever I see him, maybe It's the one black and one white ear! I see you are making him a healthful treat with a pedigree all it's own, MARTHA! How about posting pictures of him at the party?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to this cute happy face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, that's a dog's life I wouldn't mind livin'! LOL! Happy Birthday, Oliver! I know he will enjoy those carrot cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well for goodness sakes, you had a party and I didn't get to come??????? Did you save a cupcake for me????

    Love the Carrot Cupcakes--but I'll take that cream cheese icing, lots of it.. I can count it as my VEGGIE of the day, can't I????? ha ha

    Happy Birthday to Oliver.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oliver--I hope you have a very Happy birthday and enjoy your cupcake!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy b'day to Oliver - he's gorgeous - I am loving that one black ear!!!:>)

    ReplyDelete
  17. he looks so adorable and the cake recipe is a good one !

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH! happy birthday baby boy! I so hope he had a good one and enjoyed his cupcake. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday to little O! Love his little cupcake.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.