Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Remembering 2010 and Looking Forward to 2011


How sweet it is to reflect on the joys, which far outweighed the sorrows, of the past year.

We are grateful for good health, a precious family and wonderful friends.  I have enjoyed getting to know so many of you, dear blogging friends, during my first year of serious blogging.  Everything else is just icing on the cake!

January found us reflecting on our Christmas when both of our sons were here with their ladies.

February found us taking a few trips into the city for delicious dining, theater and gallery visiting.

March was spent decluttering, trying new recipes and ignoring the bleak landscape.

April found me very busy with my duties as president of the library board of trustees.  We diligently worked to secure property for a new library.  All that hard work paid off and, hopefully, ground breaking will occur in early May 2011.  JOY!

May saw Andrew and me in Houston where he was honored by the University of Houston, his alma mater.  It was a fun-filled weekend of good food and attending the School of Pharmacy graduation ceremony.  We also tried to get our fill of barbecue and Texas hospitality and we achieved that goal quite easily.

June found us in the garden and at the farmers' market--enjoying the bounty of both.

July was spent in tending the garden and eating as many tomatoes as we could possibly hold.

August brought us week-long visits from both of our sons.  Again, good food was involved as well as a few museum visits.

September again found us on that tomato high--sort of like squirrels stocking up for the winter.

October took me on my annual visit to Virginia and time with my two sisters.  We enjoyed the fall color, autumn markets and generally just being together.  I also had the unexpected pleasure of meeting two of my blogging friends.  I met up with Ginny and Beverly for coffee and a long chat while in Virginia.

November was spent putting the garden to bed and planning Thanksgiving.

December is winding down to a close.  We've enjoyed a number of parties, good food and good friends.

Each of you have been very special to me during your "visits" this year.  I've learned so much from you and look forward to spending time with you in 2011.

Very best wishes for a happy, healthy and safe NEW YEAR!

36 comments:

  1. We have both had much to be thankful for this year, Bonnie! And you are one of the things I have to be thankful for!! Has it really been only a year we've known each other? It seems like we've always been friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing to do-remember the year by months as you did! Love it!

    I hope the best of this year is the worst of next year for you.

    And, I have goodies for you over on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to 2011 too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful as you are when I look back over the past year. There were so many blessings and a few sorrows too. I am praying that 2011 brings us all lots of love and happiness! May God bless you and your family in the coming year. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a very busy year with some very important highlights to be very proud of your hard work.

    May the coming year bring you much happiness with good health and family all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It HAS been a year! Out with the old and in with the new. Can't wait.

    Hope your New Years brings you everything you would like!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. sending your wishes back to you and am looking forward to the new year to see what you find to share with us. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish the very same for you and yours, Bonnie! It has been such a pleasure... such a pleasure.

    I hope maybe next October I'll get in on the VA visit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Bonnie. I think I shall do the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a great way to look back over your year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, thanks for sharing your good year. I am so happy that I got to know you a little better this year. Unless you are a blogger, one cannot understand the camaraderie that is formed. Wishing you and yours and wonderful new year 2011. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Bonnie, What an incredible blog.... It sounds a little like my Christmas Letter which I send each year... I love reading about one's year -at-a glance... NEAT!!!!! You all have had a wonderful year, haven't you?

    Thanks so much for sharing... I LOVED reading it.

    Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish the best for you in the coming year, dear friend. Hugs and blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, so glad you had such a great year! What a fantastic way to summarize your year by looking at the months...now, can I remember each? that is the million dollar question!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And best wishes to you as well, for a happy and healthy 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best wishes for a wonderful 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been a treat getting to know you and your blog. I am looking forward to 2011 and "visiting" you often.
    Happy New Year!!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely idea to document your year in months like that. I loved your post.
    May the coming year bring everything you could wish for.
    Hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely post for this time of the year; we are thankful for this past year and looking forward to even better things in our family(fingers crossed)
    Wishing you and your family the best for 2011.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this mini recap of your past year. It sounds like a good one! here's to hoping that 2011 will be even BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy new year to you as well....dear lady.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. And the very same to you dear blog friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you had a great 2010. I wish you all the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have had a very blessed year....wishing your next will be as well. God Bless Trish

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful recap you've done.

    Have a Happy New Year, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It sounds like a year that would be hard to top. All the best in 2011. Enjoy every waking hour!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's been so nice getting to know you this past year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed how you captured your blessings month-by-month. It is so important to see the gifts of each season (both in the year...and in our larger lives). Thank you for sharing, my friend. I'm blessed to have found you in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  29. As I read your summary of 2010, all the images that you used and wrote about came flooding back. I went through my old posts, and you start to realize how full and wonderful your life has been!

    Happy 2011 Bonnie ✳✳✳

    ReplyDelete
  30. A nice retrospective of your year! Congratulations to you on the upcoming new library and to your husband on his alumni honors.

    A very happy & healthy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like you had a wonderful year-may 2011 bring you all you wish for.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bonnie, don't we all look back and remember the happy and sad times of past years? I wish you lots of happiness and peace always.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's been a busy year for you, Bonnie. I'm looking forward to coming to visit you often in 2011. I hope 2011 will be a healthy and happy year for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your full of gratitude post! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.