Thursday, March 31, 2011

Meatloaf

For comfort food, few things beat a good meatloaf unless it's a meatloaf sandwich.  I've had good meatloaf and ho-hum meatloaf.  I've made up my own recipes and I've tried many recipes from various sources.  I've been known to make this meatloaf just so we could have sandwiches.  It is, of course, delicious as dinner accompanied by whatever you like.  Tonight, we had the sandwiches on brioche slices that were lightly spread with mayonnaise.  Accompanied by a salad of mixed greens, spring onions and cherry tomatoes, it was outstanding.

Here's the recipe.  You may serve it as you like.


Meatloaf for Two (or more--just increase the ingredients and baking time)

8 ounces of ground chuck
2 Tbsp finely minced onions
2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
3 Tbsp chili sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

1.  Preheat the oven to 350.  In a large bowl, place the chuck, onions, parsley, 2 Tbsp of the chili sauce, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.  Mix together with a light touch.
2.  Form the mixture into a 6 by 3 inch oval and place on a baking pan.  Spread the remaining tablespoon of chili sauce over the meatloaf.  Bake for 25 to 30 minutes just until cooked through.
3.  Cover with foil and allow to sit for ten minutes if serving.
4.  If you've made the meatloaf for sandwiches, let it cool to lukewarm before cutting.  You may also refrigerate for easier slicing or another day.

ENJOY!

22 comments:

  1. Not only does meatloaf sound good, I haven't made brioche in a long time either-gotta get cooking:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your meatloaf, I have to try this recipe..... may I ask you if you know some places in LA (Beverly hills or Santa Monica) where to find cake decorating supplies??? Maybe...maybe..I will spent some days thery back from our summer holidays in Mexico!!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby loves simple uncluttered meatloaf and this is up his alley. Here in the south we put everything in it and them some. I think he would love this.

    Welcome back and glad you are home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using a meatloaf recipe for years that used chili sauce. I have found that it makes such a difference and I use ground round. I have tried all kinds of meatloaf recipes from Martha Stewarts to Ina Gartens but never until I came across this one did I find one that I really liked. It too is very simple and I will post it on my blog tomorrow. There are just a few differences from yours. Take a look at it, you may want to try it. I feel that too many ingredients muddy it up??? I like simple too.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good bread and some leftover meatloaf and I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love to find a recipe for 2; nothing beats the taste of a good metloaf sandwich; I do smother it with mustard; now I am hungry for one.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. What I love about meatloaf is there is never too much... nothing better than a meatloaf sandwich... great addition of the chili sauce and worcestershire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right, there is nothing like a good meatloaf or meatloaf sandwich. Just like a good burger - it just makes you feel good eating it! I've never tried chili sauce in meatloaf - I need to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm. Very much the way my Mama made it. Comfort food at it's best. And if you eat it like my Daddy did...lots of catsup too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, meatloaf is one of Evan's most favorite dishes! Thank you for this two-peson version!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yum!!! I haven't made meatloaf in so long, I have a recipe where you put sour cream in and top it with a tomato sauce brown sugar mixture. This looks really good, too. I love the smaller loaf, I always worry about it cooking all the way through, and don't want to mess with a thermometer. I ADORE meatloaf sandwiches with mayonnaise, they are better than the hot sliced meatloaf!! I will give this a try. I haven't bought ground beef in years though, because of all the recalls and scares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never known a man who wasn't crazy about meatloaf. It would never be at the top of my list, but I've sure made a ton of them over the years!
    This looks like an easy-to-make recipe. I'll keep it at hand when my sons visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your meatloaf look delicious! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. my husband likes meatloaf, but only because he can have meatloaf sandwiches from the left overs. his two favorite sandwiches are philly cheese steak and meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always make a couple of meatloaves when we have hunters come to stay with us in the Fall. Nobody doesn't like a meatloaf sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh. I love the idea of cooking something so you can have leftovers. Genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. first time here.....meat loaf is absolutely one of my favorites...even my daughter enjoys it very much.....you hav such a wonderful space...glad to follow u ! do viist mine whenever u hav time !


    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really, is there anything better than a meatloaf sandwich? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meatloaf with baked potato and squash is my favorite dinner.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip! Mmm, I love meatloaf and this sounds wonderful. I've never tried it with chili sauce before but I bet it would be delicious! I love that its a recipe for 2 too. Great for my husband and me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love meatloaf sandwiches even more than meatloaf. :) Your sandwich on that brioche looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.