Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Stopping By the Gift N' Gab



Please pardon my incessant hopping around.  It's what happens when one takes a blog break.  I also think that I'm in need of a better way of cataloging my photos and verbiage.  Any tutorials out there?

Today, we are back in Fond du Lac.  Did I mention that the weather was ideal?  No jackets required.  Only one morning of a refreshing rain although the skies did look a bit threatening for awhile.



Barbara and I headed out to the Gift N' Gab for a look around and lunch.  The aroma of good coffee greets comers and entices one to have a cup while browsing a tasteful selection of gifts.  There's a large fireplace with comfortable chairs and sofas.  We were on a mission to have lunch and we were in for a treat with the special of the day.


It was a turkey and goat cheese sandwich on a thin ciabatta that had been slathered with a seedless blackberry jam and toasted.  The turkey was sliced from a roasted breast and about 1/4 inch thick.  It was accompanied by a salad of fresh blackberries and strawberries on a bed of fresh greens and dressed with a light vinaigrette.   We savored every bite before heading out for the afternoon.




27 comments:

  1. Verbiage away and show your pictures; love to hear of bloggers adventures; quite the sandwich.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun place to stop and lunch looked great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping around is just fine ... it's part of what makes blogging fun! Your new header is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that sandwich sounds SO GOOD. I love that it was spread with jam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping around is fine. Lunch looks wonderful and your blog looks great.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that sandwich, Oh that jam, oh how i wish I had that for lunch today! Wow- i need to move to your town! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. I now need to eat! Looks like a lovely place to visit.

    And to answer your question, DQ was likely hugging her Elmo if anything, but I think she was just hiding from the camera in the picture. She was angry that I interrupted Curious George to photograph her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog through one perfect bite! what a great lunch spot! I saw the previous post as well, hope everything is in recovery mode after the bad weather and hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sandwich - i would never have thought of blackberry jam -inspired!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, gifts, gabbing and eating, nothing could be more fun for me. that is a scrumptious lunch. and pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a fine looking sandwich. It was a perfect fortifier for an afternoon of shopping. I hope you had a great time. I also hope you enjoy your day today. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok...now after watching your picture..I'm hungry!!!!! Hugs, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man that looks good!! But I want a tour of the gift shop!! I never knew there was such a thing as seedless blackberry jam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Turkey on Ciabatta with goat cheese and jam!! Sounds awesome!
    I have a sweet tooth so the savory sweet combo sounds Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, I love the combination of that sandwich! You had me at goat cheese though - that's probably my favorite cheese. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I have been in Northern Virginia for more than 22 years now. Love it here. You must love where u moved to. Shenandoah is a lovely place and we love to drive down there especially to see the Fall Foliage!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmmm..... that lunch looks like the start of a perfect afternoon! I kind of enjoy the hopping around myself! LOL! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice afternoon. I am glad that you enjoyed your outing. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those berries look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopping around makes life interesting!
    Great sandwich...the blackberry jam and goat cheese makes it very unusual AND tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks wonderful! I enjoy your hopping around.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute name for this cafe!

    I read your prior posts 0-so glad you did not have serious storem damage!

    Have fun "hopping around"! I look forward to your reports back on the crab --I've been there twice and loved it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks delicious! Looks like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That sandwich looks yummy! I have been on a little break myself. I have had fun catching up on your blog tonight. It looks like you have been having a lot of fun! Carla

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.