Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back and Looking Ahead

It is early morning here.  First light is just appearing.  The children are still sleeping.  They'll be up soon to finish packing.  We'll have time for waffles and sausage before they head out.  At the moment, I'm sipping coffee and reflecting over the past year.


Wasn't it a short time ago we were welcoming the year 2000?

Farewell 2011.  You've been a good year for the most part.  We've enjoyed family, good friends, good health, good food and a comfortable roof over our heads and we are truly grateful.

A few highlights were:

Visits with our children--two trips to New England and one to the Bay Area.

My annual visit with my sisters in Virginia in the fall.

Watching the new library rise from a weedy city lot to a beautiful (now under roof) building.

Picking out flooring, choosing wall colors, selecting furniture and shelving and much more for the new  library.  What an interesting "job" it has been.

Meeting some of you, including:  Tanna from The Brick Street Bungalow, her daughter and the cutest  "Little Men" imaginable on a crisp October morning in my home town.  Later in autumn,  I met Glenda   from Notes on the Journey at our favorite Whole Foods in Chicago for lunch.  It was as if I already   knew Tanna and Glenda well.  In fact, I do!  Blogging has brought me so many new friends and I hope  to meet more of you in the coming year.

And now the children are starting to stir and I must go and enjoy the last minutes of their visit.

TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, I WISH A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND BLESSED 2012!


27 comments:

  1. It was fun to follow you..Thank you!

    And all the very best for this coming year.. to you and yours also..may the list be all good..

    2000 seems like yesterday..and yet a million years away also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Bonnie! May 2012 treat you well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had a good year, hubby and i were discussing yesterday how we all waited for the collapse of the computer world on 2000 and how did it get 12 years later in a blink? we were talking about how our world has changed completely in the past 10 years, electronics have blasted us into the future. Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely post, I want to thankyou for all the recipes and posts you have shared with all of us, my adventure in blogging was enriched by your friendship,, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really IS amazing how quickly the years (and decades!) fly by. I can't believe another year is over. While 2011 hasn't been a bed of roses, neither has it been heartbreakingly painful as the whole first decade of this millenium has been for me. (Fertility issues and adoption roadblocks nearly killed me, but by God's grace, I was able to move on.)

    So, as I look back on 2011, I am thankful to God that He gave me the "serenity to accept what I cannot change." In that respect, it was a fabulous year.

    Wishing you a wonderful 2012...can't wait to hear (and see) more about the library.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing u n ur family a very happy new year :-)

    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a good year. I am constantly amazed at the friendships blogging has fostered. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Bonnie! Wishing you a wonderful 2012:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie,

    your house will echo a bit for awhile until you adjust to the empty nest again. Yes the years are flying by so so quickly. It's hard to keep up with the calendar!

    Wishing you many blessings in this new year!

    Dotsie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello There, Happy New Year! Make it a good one. Live and love more and stop worrying about things that are beyond your control. Every day is a gift and you can choose what you do with it!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you highlighted the good parts of your year...we have a tendency to focus on the not so good parts.
    I hope you have a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie, Happy New Year! Glad to have met you this past year.
    Keep writing! xo, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have so enjoyed getting to know you in 2011 and love all your recipes! Here is too a great new year! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New year to you and your family......

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has been wonderful to follow you this past year! I look forward to many more blogging conversations!

    Enjoy your children and Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the early morning before anyone else is up too!

    Happy Happy New Year Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It seems like 2011 treated you well! may 2012 be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New year Bonnie. Yes the year flew by, I hope this new one is a little slower at passing. I hope this year brings you much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year, Bonnie! Looking forward to more memorable moments in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's been a good year and I'm hoping for an even better 2012! Happy New Year! (And you can get that diet now if you want!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year to you! May 2012 be more of an opportunity for travel, family and new friends.

    Awesome.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year, Bonnie. I hope your holiday was wonderful and that 2012 brings only good things your way. Hugs and blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year to you Bonnie. Nice to know you in this little blog world :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.