Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Orville Redenbacher and The Farmer's Market

I'll be confused the rest of the week!  The Baker (and I hope he gets back to baking soon) and I went to the Farmer's Market in our new town this morning.  Our favorite farmer is a part of the Valparaiso market too--a major selling point for our move here!!  What's confusing is, today is Tuesday.  Our Crown Point market was/is on Saturday.  I'm already feeling like tomorrow is Sunday!!


I'm not sure that it's better here but it is very nice.


The Farmer's Market is open on Tuesday and Saturday.  That's better!
The location is very nice.


We came home with honey, broccoli, tomatoes, blueberries,
a loaf of French bread,  homemade strawberry jam and
a bouquet of colorful snapdragons.



s

Orville is a native son.
In his honor, there is a popcorn festival here in September.
Maybe we'll check it out.

Happy Saturday Tuesday to all.

10 comments:

  1. i love Orvilles popcorn and everything you took home is yum to me.. looks like a nice place to shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your new home. Looks like you found a good farmers market. I know this would be critical on my list too.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love markets..how fun you have one there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how you would be confused.
    Our markets are open on Wednesdays and Saturdays,
    Wednesday is less crowded too!

    Sounds like you picked up some great goodies.
    I would be all over a Popcorn Festival!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you came home with lots of goodies! I predict you'll adjust very quickly-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! It sounds wonderful! Farmer's Markets are a big part of my summer entertainment. Have a good week! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha I guess you will get used to it eventually. It looks like a nice FM --- someday you'll feel as at home there as at the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great market, whatever day it is, Bonnie! Too bad you didn't sit by Orville to have your picture taken, he's a cutie and surely knew his popcorn! Happy 4th to you and The Baker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super farmer's market, Bonnie! And am still smiling over that statue of Redenbacher. Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a wonderful market! I haven't been to ours yet this year and I need to see what's available. I love going to ours. Orville reminds me so much of Normal Rockwell! Two happy, talented men.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.