Waiting to salute the guest of honor.
Kir Royale
For six:
6 tbsp creme de cassis
1 bottle of champagne
Chill, mix and serve
Chill, mix and serve
The guest of honor
No, not That Queen,
Our friend, Sheila, who was celebrating her Jubilee Birthday.
A setting fit for royalty.
The royal feast.
Jane's Chicken Salad
4 cups cooked chicken breast cut into 3/4" cubes
2 cups sliced celery (not too fine)
Marinate the above in the following:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 small clove of garlic, slightly smashed
Marinate overnight if possible or at least four hours.
Stir once while marinating.
Stir and drain off excess marinade.
Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Mother's Macaroni Salad
A lovely salad of mixed greens and fresh raspberries.
Fresh fruit with a poppyseed dressing.
The Cake!
Orange Almond
Recipe to follow later
The Presents
Royal Jewels
A handmade Haiku game.
We all played a few rounds.
It was a very good day!


and it is a meal fit for a queen, i love the candles on the cake and that fruit salad has me drooling. looks like a fun time with friends
ReplyDeleteforgot to say wow on the jewels
ReplyDeleteOh you know how to have the most fun!!!! It looks as if fun was had by everyone. Did you make the cake?
ReplyDeleteWhat a celebration :) Looks very enjoyable!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely celebration, Bonnie. I would like a scoop of everything on my plate, please.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to celebrate, it almost makes me wish to be having my jubilee birthday...I did say almost...wink.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful celebration!!! Such a lucky friend!
ReplyDeleteI love chicken salad for ladies parties. Always a winner.
Did you find out any information about the Brewery for Arrogant Bastard Beer in San Diego?
Kris: I did find the website and will probably order a few stocking stuffers!!
DeleteBeautiful party! I will be making the chicken salad....like today! mmmm to the rest of the food too.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun party... long live the Queen!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Sheila. Your feast looks fantastic Bonnie and a Kir Royale is one of my favs.
ReplyDeleteSam
What a lovely day for all the ladies!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful celebration fit for a queen! The food looks delicious and all the touches meant a lot to the queen for the day. I'm sure!
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful chicken salad , well all the salads look so good.This was a wonderful occasion, so much thought and care went into it, the jewels are amazing and the handmade game is amazing as well
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet party! My favorite drink is a kir royal :) I find that her in the States though, they tend to put more cassis that they should. Yours looks like it has the right balance though!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a royally good time
ReplyDeleteSure looks like you all had a great time! What a fun party theme:@)
ReplyDeletePS-Wish I had some of Mother's macaroni salad right now too.
It was definitely an event fit for a queen! What a fun time with lots of good food!!! I love the tiara, a perfect "royal" touch!!!
ReplyDeleteGrowing old can't be all that bad if you get to mark the years with a celebration in the company of such good friends. The food looks scrumptious! I sure everyone had a wonderful time. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful birthday party. So creative and yummy :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the birthday girl.
M :)
That is so cute! What a wonderful party and I have to say that before I found the Aperol cocktail a Kir Royale was my favorite aperitif. What a fun group of friends :)
ReplyDeleteWONDERFUL!!! Great friends and great times. What memories you all made!
ReplyDeleteAll joys,
Sharon
Such fun, Bonnie! Kir Royale is one of my favorites, too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your friend!
Jumping back in to thank you for protective cover :-) it's good to know you are there.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Sheila...that looks like quite a feast....the raspberry salad is very very interesting :).
ReplyDeleteAll the best to the birthday girl!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful celebration. Your photos and recipes have made my mouth water. And the cake sounds gorgeous! Hugs to you. xx
ReplyDelete