Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas From the Museum of Science and Industry and Me

We've been fortunate to have Stefan and Elyssa here with us this week post-graduation.  There has been a little last-minute shopping and gift wrapping.  Chats by the fireside are being stored in the "happy memory file".  We've managed to dine together at home and at a few favorite restaurants.  

Yesterday, we all bundled up (did I mention snow and bitter cold?) and headed to Jackson Park and the Museum of Science and Industry.  Our goal was to see the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit.  It turned into a multi-generational nostalgia "fest"!  If you are in the Chicago area between now and May 4th, don't miss this treat.  Plan enough time to wander through at a slow pace.  Humming your favorite Disney tune(s) is required!


Walt wouldn't allow photos in the exhibit, however,
he and Mickey
invited us into the Rotunda for
Christmas Around the World.




Daisy Duck 
approves of the 45' museum tree.


This tree represents Korea.

To each of you,
I send my very best wishes for a
Merry Christmas and a
Happy and Healthy New Year!


13 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the exhibit, it sounds interesting! Congrats to your graduates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and glad you are having those fireside chats... that is a memory that will last a life time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very dapper and young Walt! I love how they have done the picture with Mickey's shadow. And the trees are BEAUTIFUL!!! Is there something significant about Korea and the stars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny: I'm not sure what the significance of the stars are. There were a number of groups of Korean school children taking photos in front of the tree and I couldn't get close enough to read the information.

      Delete
  4. I knew it was him right away!
    The cartoons of my youth..

    Enjoy every moment..s~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been there in years. I used to go to Christmas Around the World...such a special thing to do during the holidays.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your "kids" being home. I'm so interested in Walt now that I saw Saving Mr. Banks.

    Merry Christmas.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd really enjoy this exhibition. Thanks for sharing the photos. Wishes for merry, happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your "happy memory file". Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the name of the museum brings back so many childhood memories and our yearly (at least) visit there. I know you have enjoyed your kids there and are storing up more memories for the months to come when they are back home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun place. Love the Christmas decorations.
    I am looking forward to the new movie, Saving Mr. Banks.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.