Oliver wanted me to remind you
of these treats for your best canine friends.
He's such a thoughtful boy.
I've been making this recipe for close to thirty years now.
It started with our first dalmatian, Cooper.
Cooper grew up with the boys and loved us for fourteen years.
Along came Argos, our liver-spotted dalmatian.
He loved us for eleven years.
Oliver continues our line of dalmatians.
Obviously we love the breed.
Pretty on a plate.
Tied up with a red ribbon.
Oliver's Heart and Bone Valentine Cookies
1 pkg. dry yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1 clove minced fresh garlic
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp honey
1 egg, lightly beaten
5 to 6 cups whole wheat flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Stir in the parsley, oregano, garlic, chicken broth, honey and egg. Blend in enough flour to form a stiff dough.
2. Turn out onto a lightly oiled board and knead until smooth.
3. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake an additional 30 minutes. Turn oven off and leave the cookies in the oven for at least two hours to overnight. They should be very hard.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.