Unlike a squirrel who can stash away acorns for winter dining, I can't do that with homegrown tomatoes straight from the vine. Therefore, I am eating them as fast as I can. Thus far, I have not copied my mother's habit of keeping a tomato and a sharp knife in her purse when going out to eat. She'd probably correct me by saying she was going out to dine but does one stash a tomato and a knife in their purse for dining? Mother felt that any meal was enhanced by a few tomato slices. I agree.
Sunday breakfast showcased green heirloom tomatoes, scrambled eggs and bacon on a toasted brioche bun. It doesn't get much better than that!
Your breakfast looks delicious! I'm going to the store later and will see if the bakery has brioche buns, I know they do in a loaf that I use for French toast. Wish I had some of your heirloom green tomatoes to go on it but might just use some avocado instead. I can't wait till breakfast tomorrow. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThat looks delightful. Make me one, please.
ReplyDeleteSounds great! I love those pretty green heirlooms-enjoy:@)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you! Where have you been, what's going on, how are you?? Phew, out of breath! The sandwich is a work of art.
ReplyDeletelooks absolutely delicious ! Im hungry !
ReplyDeletethis breakfast looks good enough to BUY one... bring it on... yummmm. I have eaten tomatoes like apples my whole life because daddy grew our food, but never took one with me except to give away
ReplyDeleteThat is a perfect breakfast Bonnie. Think it will be my Sunday morning choice!
ReplyDeleteOur tomatoes were on hiatus a couple of weeks ago but now with all the heat they are starting to ripen again. I love your breakfast sandwich and had to smile at the story about your mother with a tomato and knife in her purse :) Now that's a tomato lover!
ReplyDeleteA creative way to use the tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with you.
M : )
I've been snacking on tomatoes for the last few weeks. They'll fade away soon, but I'm going to miss them.
ReplyDeleteI've been known to order a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich for breakfast many a time. It looks like you started your day off properly. :)
ReplyDelete