Hmmm, that looks about right. Maybe just a few more turns of the beater.
Yes, I really think it's perfect. Let's get it in the oven.
What were they making? Why it's Ina Garten's brownie pudding. Yes, like her Aunt Bonnie, Lily is a big fan of the Barefoot Contessa. Check out what Lily is giving the "big green spoon" award to on Foodnetwork.



Mmmmm. Such a tidy little cook. Lily doesn't have chocolate smeared all over her face and down her pinafore! That even happens to me!
ReplyDeleteYou have an adorable niece! And she's lucky to have a mom who will take the time to teach her in the kitchen. So important.
you've captured some lovely photos! Fun!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! Those big blue eyes are beautiful. Your pictures remind me of the days when my girls were little and had to stand on a chair to help me cook. Now, I have to call on them to reach the top shelves for me. Thanks for helping me to recall such wonderful memories! Carla
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteLily is a sweetie pie!
ReplyDeleteOh, Bonnie, Lily is so precious! I love that she and her mom have their aprons on and are cooking together. Very special times! And, I wish I had a serving of their brownie pudding! Ina has some gooooood recipes!
ReplyDeleteHi Bonnie, You are right... It's all in the family.... That Lily is gonna be like her Mom and her Gram....
ReplyDeleteGosh--what a gorgeous child. I love her bright eyes. I know you could just 'eat her up'..... What a Cutie.
Hugs,
Betsy
How cute!! Love the little apron.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read posts about kids helping bake it makes me feel so guilty because I never let my kids near the mixing bowl. However, I intend to change that with my grandkids so I do stand a chance at redemption!
ReplyDeleteHi Bonnie, looks like your niece will turn out to be a fabulous little baker!
ReplyDeleteBonnie
What a beautiful girl! I love to cook with my kiddos we have a great time building memories in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteWhich item did you order? At the fair, she had the little red bird as a necklace, and I should have gotten one, but I got seduced by the bracelet. I didn't see the little red bird necklace on line, but I think if I contact her, I could get one.
ReplyDeleteI had the most sublime halibut for lunch at Chez Panisse! Beautifully cooked as expected, and the flavors of everything on the place, just danced on my tongue :)
Oh those BLUE eyes!! Oh that cute little apron!! One could swoon from the adorableness!!! We have two little ones in our life, and nothing is sweeter than little girls! I just love to even put my nose in their hair and smell them. I do like Ina, and watch her on Food T.V. There is a new channel now "The Cooking Channel", owned by Food Channel, on the old fine Living channel.
ReplyDeleteThat would be cool if he could get a job at Pixar in Emeryville! I think I asked before, but which school did he go to?
ReplyDeleteIs there anything in this world sweeter than a litlle girl? She is darling and I can already tell she'll be a great cook. I hope all is well. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDeletenever heard of brownie pudding but i KNOW i would love it. mabye it is like the mocha volcano at golden corral, cake/pudding together. she is adorable. our two dogs hang out to lick the batter from the bowl of whatever I make.
ReplyDeleteYour nice is so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteMy children are 16 now but they still love to bake and spent time together in the kitchen
Have a wonderful weekend,
Suzanne
Je découvre ton blog.
ReplyDeleteJe reviendrai.
See soon.
I can tell that Lily is a fantastic little helper! What an interested look on her face as she is staring into the mixer.
ReplyDeleteHow did she stay so clean? My children always wore their kitchen creations.
ReplyDeleteMimi
What a cutie!! Never to young to learn to cook/bake.
ReplyDeleteMy greatest memories are cooking with my grandma (I stood on a stool so that I could reach the bowl to help stir).
I have a few photos of Beli helping in the kitchen. She is beautiful Bonnie and such a sweet name.
ReplyDeletePs. I'm also a big fan of Barefoot Contessa.