Friday, March 22, 2013

Salmon Pate and Pink Moscato


I have no intention of whining about our weather so feel free to read on here! 



We received a lovely fruit and cheese basket for Christmas that contained a bottle of pink moscato.  I put the bottle in the refrigerator and thought I'd read up on it after the holidays.  Needless to say, it didn't see the inside of a wine glass until I set about cleaning out the kitchen a few weeks ago.  It was time to check it out.  We aren't fans of sweet wines and I had a feeling this was sweet.  It was but not overwhelmingly so.  The taste was fresh, fruity and slightly sweet with lots of bubbles.  We enjoyed it with this salmon pate.



Salmon Pate

1/2 pound salmon, preferably poached and finely flaked
3 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp grated onion (and the juice)
1 Tbsp capers and a bit of the juice
1 tsp prepared horseradish (if desired)

1.  Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.

2.  Lightly oil a bowl and line with plastic wrap.   Press the pate into the bowl, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

3.  Remove from the refrigerator and unmold onto a serving plate.  Serve with slices of French bread, a grainy mustard and cornichons.

ENJOY!





19 comments:

  1. Ooh, the wine looks so pretty in the glass. You know me, I'm a sucker for any and all things pink!

    I prefer dry red wines (merlot is my fave), but my daughter loves a moscato.

    Our weather here is worth whining about---a slight skiff of snow this morning. I'm thinking good ol' Punksatawney Phil is a fraud!!

    Have a great day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty pate and so, so much easier to make than the standard French ones. Salmon is a big hit at our house and I will definitely try this.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Patti, the wine is beautiful in the glass. The pâté would make a wonderful dish on an Easter brunch menu. Have a wonderful Friday. Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the looks of your pate. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like the perfect pairing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and sophisicated meal! love the salmon pate!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  7. my eyes went straight to that beautiful glass

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is simply nothing that can be done about the weather but you're making the best of what can't be done. Beautiful glass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very good! I will whine, we have snow here and very cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks divine!!! It would be talked about at a high class party. Now tell me...I am supposed to drink wine but don't like it...would this one be a good one to start with?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big fan of sweet wines, but I've had Moscato and it is good. I'm loving the salmon pate - and so easy. I'm going to make it with canned salmon and see how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, this sounds so good, Bonnie. Wish I had been there to enjoy this with you! We've been having nice teases of spring, but Old Man Winter is going to take another tour this week. But, nothing to complain about. We'll be heading to see the Little Men next week!! I can't wait. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would make a great appetizer too- I love salmon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well. This sounds like a nice treat, if you ask me.

    I am back up and running with my camera so that I can continue to report on the Tales of the Little Men. I decided on the Canon 7D, and, yes, I am able to use my existing lenses. I had given a great deal of thought to leaping to a full-frame camera, but the cost to do that plus new lenses (my old ones wouldn't have worked) was more than I could stomach given that taking pictures is just a hobby for me. ;-) So happy with my choice - I LOVE the new camera more than I ever even loved the old one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a quick and altogether lovely pate. It would be a perfect starter for Easter celebrations. I hope you warm up soon. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't whine either with that wine and pate! It all sounds great to me. I'm thinking it will be in the 80's in a week or two and the a/c will be on... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know I've done my share of whining so you don't have too :)

    What a delicious pate! We love salmon here. This is perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love salmon and this pate sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.