Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pork Barbecue Sandwich

Mother Nature is still fooling around with us here in the midwest.  It has been raining or overcast and chilly for days now.  I know that within six weeks, I'll be complaining about the heat and trying to keep the house as cool inside as it is outside right now!!  In the meantime, since it's still too cold to comfortably barbecue outside, I pulled out the leftover frozen pork from the roast we had a few weeks ago and turned it into this delicious sandwich.  The barbecue sauce recipe was given to me years ago by a friend when we lived in Texas and it is our favorite.



Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwich

Pulled pork, about two cups for two sandwiches

For the barbecue sauce:

2 cups of ketchup
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1Tbsp Wright's Liquid Smoke
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce

Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer over low heat until thoroughly mixed and heated through.

Stir the pork into one cup of the sauce.

I'm a purist here in that I like plain mustard top and bottom and a pickle on the side.

ENJOY!

19 comments:

  1. oh oh oh be still my heart.... i want one NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sandra!! LOL! Lunchtime here right NOW! ;) This sounds delicious, Bonnie. Mother Nature keeps tricking us, too... 90 one day... then down in the 30s... well, only the 40s this morning, but still! ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM---I'd love that BBQ Pork sandwich... Makes me HUNGRY.

    Sorry about your weather. We have rain now --and it's turning cold again tonight and tomorrow... Gads!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so darn good! I love a smokey sauce...I will have to give this a try. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome! Would you believe how much people here love barbequing? I have photos of my neighbor's barbequing in three feet of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks more than good!
    I too love a smokey sauce..like Kate..and you obviously:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, well doesn't that look yummy!

    Now I am really hungry.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll bet that sauce has some kick to it with the Worcestershire! Sounds like a great sandwich:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy sandwich. If you get a chance please visit my blog. I am having a giveaway for my new cookie cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious. Sorry about all your rain ... I hear there was a good deal of flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love a BBQ sandwich. Here in the Carolinas they add slaw to it. Hope it warms up soon Bonnie.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. A BBQ sandwich always makes me think of growing up in Texas. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love pulled pork. May warm but not to hot weather greet you soon.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this weekend will actually feel like spring Bonnie! Fingers crossed!

    And I loves me a pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple but yummy bbq sauce! I wish I could share your pulled pork!
    The heat has begun in S. Florida....it can only get hotter. Hoping you get a bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum, yum! Nothing beats a good pulled pork sandwich! It is so chilly today---I can't believe it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I had to name my top ten favorite sandwiches, a pulled pork sandwich would be right up there! The barbecue sauce sounds wonderful too.

    Hope your enjoying our springlike weather - finally!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love a good pork barbeque sandwich and this one looks just incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.