Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Golden Rice Salad

Do you ever come across a photo of a dish that looks so delicious you decide to make it right away even before you read what's in it?  That happens to me on occasion.  It did last week when I was reading Scrambled Hen Fruit.  The bowl of Jeweled Golden Rice with Cherries was so enticing that I quickly scanned cupboard and refrigerator to see when I could get it on our table.  Except for fresh cherries and ginger, all the ingredients were there--even the pricey little bottle of saffron!  


My first bowlful was about an hour after finishing the dish.  It just got better and better as we enjoyed it over a period of several days.  You can find the recipe for it here:  Scrambled Hen Fruit.  

Enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. It looks so good. Loved how you said you scanned the frig and cupboard to see "when you could get it on the table." That's how enticing it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks delicious. I heading over to see the recipe. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...looks good!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it does look delicious. I love cherries and ginger. Yum!

    I thought I mentioned I was headed to Chicago. I've had trouble with posting comments on bloglovin. It seems now it is not necessary as I am just using the blogger dashboard...nothing changed. We most definitely need to meet up one day. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love yellow rice, but would never have thought of making it like this.. it looks good

    ReplyDelete
  6. And perfect for my gluten free girls, too.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that honey in it would make it taste so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, that looks so different and wonderful! Glad you saw it and thank you for sharing it! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would not be hard to fall in love with this.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought this looked like a great dish too! Glad to hear you enjoyed it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is a beautiful and delicious bowl of rice. I could rice like that all day.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw the recipe...it sounds great. I have the cherries but will need to do a little shopping for other ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just visiting Betty's sight and saw this salad too. With both of you overjoyed with the results, it just has to be a winner!

    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  14. That really does sound good - and I found a new food blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember sitting up and taking notice of this salad when it was first posted on SHF too!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.