Snow! It isn't a big surprise. The area is prepared. It starts to fall and the plows are out on the streets. They've been on the streets for almost twenty-four hours now. It has been a few years since this much snow has fallen and we have been lulled into thinking it isn't going to happen again this year. We were wrong. Snow is on the ground and the trees and the wires. It is a beautiful sight. The photos are in full color. There just isn't much color around at the moment.
This scene is in front of the house.
Our little bird "condo" has a chalet look.
Mary from One Perfect Bite suggested that I mull some cider and sip it in front of the fire.
I did!
Mulled Cider
1 quart apple cider
5 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp candied ginger
4 slices of orange
1. Place the cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger in cheesecloth and tie. Pour the cider into a large pot, add the cheesecloth bundle and the orange slices. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, slightly covered, for twenty minutes. Remove the spices and orange slices.
2. Light a fire in the fireplace and pour yourself a cup.
ENJOY!

Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful to look at, and since I never see it, I would love to play a little...and then enjoy the cider.
ReplyDeleteThe cider sounds perfect for those views! Stay warm:@)
ReplyDeleteThe cider sounds perfect for all of the miserably cold weather. Stay warm Bonnie and snuggle with Oliver.
ReplyDeleteSam
now i am craving mulled cider... looks great and i love it... like that little chalet to
ReplyDeletemmm, sounds heavenly! Beautiful photos,
ReplyDeleteThe snow is pretty... Hope we get some. They say we might get a little tonight--but the temps are heading down to near zero.. Yipes!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Hot Apple Cider --and we had it most every night during the holidays... SO delicious... Your recipe sounds wonderful. Thanks.
I will post tomorrow for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Hugs,
Betsy
I love snow!!! Be watm Bonnie!!
ReplyDeleteI wanna say WARM!!:)
ReplyDeleteWe were just talking with friends about the winter of 78 (when we lived in that big house)--it sounds like this winter might be a similar one for you, Beautiful snow pics!
ReplyDeleteGood idea from our friend, Mary! And now I know which mug you have. :) I have a red tulip and a blue tulip.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the snow.
Fondly,
Glenda
So pretty! I had some hot mulled cider on Friday morning at a ladies breakfast I went to. So yummy.
ReplyDeleteStay warm!
xo Kris
It is gorgeous isn't it?:)
ReplyDeleteI think the same thing every winter -- that it won't snow, or sleet and that we'll never get freezing rain again. Today was a freezing rain day and I was bundled up for the North Pole. The cider looks so good. I'm about to make tea for my "Downton Abbey" viewing.
ReplyDeleteIt is going to be a crazy cold winter this year. Stay safe and warm. Drink plenty of mulled cider.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
Beautiful pictures! It's cold here, but no snow or ice, thank goodness!
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely keeping that New Year's quote! You made that bitter COLD sound good... pulled up in front of a fire with this! It is very cold here, but no snow. Stay warm, Bonnie. blessings ~ tanna
ReplyDeleteWhat is with this crazy weather! Hope you and the birds stay warm!
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of a mulled cider. Fortunately we have no snow at the moment. Keep warm my dear! xx
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! We had warmer temps late yesterday and rain overnight. Our snow is almost gone. But, the temps fall today and it's going to be super cold again, just as much of the USA is experiencing. Something hot to drink is most pleasant ♥ Stay warm and safe!
ReplyDeleteIndoors with some hot cider and a good book sound like the thing to be doing! Enjoy the fireside....
ReplyDeleteWhen do you think it will get warm, June? It's -15 here this morning and we've snowblowed/shoveled enough snow! lol! Keep warm!
ReplyDeleteMary's suggestion for this weather is spot on. It is just so cold out.
ReplyDeletePlease keep warm and safe. This is such dangerous weather.
Blessings dear. Catherine xo
my mom used to make this all the time One whiff of it and I am transported back to my childhood. I love it!
ReplyDelete