Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Modern Baby Shower by Skype--Part 2

After all the fun of planning baby Dora's shower,
it was time to actually welcome the guests.


Sweet baby's breath.


The soon-to-be parents 
were with us in photos and spirit.


Ellen mixes our Kir Royale.



The ham and vegetable strata before going into the oven.


I wish I could have better captured this bowl 
of jewel-like fruit prepared by Ellen.  It made it easy to forget just how cold it was outside!


The Baker prepared a sour cream coffee cake
to accompany delicious muffins 
prepared by Jane and Sheila.


Mom-to-be, Bonnie's favorite dessert is Derby Pie.
Diana found a recipe for Derby-like pie 
and it was a beautiful offering--
not too beautiful to cut into though!!


Gathering around the computer to spend time
with Bonnie and Colin.


I think this rather blurry photo is a favorite of mine from the day.
The men came back from having lunch out just as we started to Skype.
Can you tell by the smile on his face that this is
Grandpa Jim?


And, at the other end of the party,
Here is Bonnie with her lovely bouquet.
(Note to self, clean computer screen next time.)


Bonnie and Colin open presents.


You can click on any of the photos for a better view.

This one is certainly worth the click to see 
the puzzled look on Colin's face!!

He did say later that he'd had a swaddling session using a plastic doll.
He's in for a big surprise!!

We all had a grand time and can't wait until baby Dora arrives!!

I'll share the strata, coffee cake and pie recipes with you soon.

First, I'm off to sunny Florida with my sisters.
Andrew and Oliver will be in charge of fending for themselves.
They'll do a great job!

22 comments:

  1. What would we do without Skype and our modern visits!!?? ENJOY you sister time in hopefully sunny and warm Florida!! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just about the coolest baby shower i have ever heard of... modern day woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shower. Great idea. If you are in the Sarasota area, I would love to meet you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The party looks like lots of fun! Have a great time in sunny Florida:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! I love showers...baby, bridal. They are all such happy occasions. Have a grand time in Florida. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous way to celebrate a shower. Have fun in Florida. The weather here is gorgeous. Please don't bring any of that cold white stuff from Chicago with you :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to have a long distance
    baby shower. I'm sure the parents to be
    were very pleased!

    Have fun on your trip.


    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this was such a grand, perfect idea. It should get a DIY by SKYPE award. I loved the look on the future papa on Swaddling . . .
    The Strata and Sweets look delicious . . . loved your decorative touches and
    Thank you for sharing the day with us . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Part II. Have a wonderful sister time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your part two…lots of good looking food shared with friends. I hope you are having a great time in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful party you had! Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Again, such a great idea! I wouldn't mind one of those Kir Royales either :)

    Have a wonderful time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so fancy and beautiful! and the Baby's Breath looks beautifully Victorian! MISSED you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely idea and all look fantastic Bonnie, love this celebration:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is sooo cool! How fun! Have a good safe trip and bring some warm weather up this way when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that strada looks amazing and I used a swaddle blanket with both my boys and I could not have made it those first few months without it! A life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the second half of the recap! Gah - enjoy the sun in Florida - it snowed again last night!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely baby shower! Gorgeous and perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a sweet idea. I am so often away from those I love most. And I learned how to use the swaddle me blankets this week. :) It took me a few tries.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, I do PR for Skype and would love to learn more about your story as we're gathering experiences from people who have hosted major life celebrations (baby/bridal showers) over Skype. Would you please email me? Thank you! Lgould@kaplowpr.com Best,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.