"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." ~ Audrey Hepburn
When I'm visiting Rhode Island, I always seem to find my way to the historic deepwater seaport of Bristol. This year, we paid a visit to Blithewold to enjoy Daffodil Days.
As in most of the country, Mother Nature is taking her time in getting spring started. This stately old tree will soon offer visitors a bit of shade as they tour the grounds of this stately old home. Located on Narragansett Bay, it is the former home of the Van Wickle family. For more information on this lovely mansion, gardens and arboretum, go to www.blithewold.org and take a tour.
These two were my real reason for visiting. It was a joy to have so much time with them, especially on this crisp and sunny day.
I always find the flowers in New England to be real show offs. The hydrangeas (although not out yet) are a brilliant deep blue. The blue scilla was out and dancing around the grounds of Blithewold.
The daffodils were a vibrant yellow. We saw them almost everywhere we went over the ten days that I was there.
I love the fierce gargoyles over the doors protecting the house.
The indoor gardens were as magnificent as the outdoor gardens. I hope to find some of the unusual houseplants for my own indoor garden!!
Next post, I'll take you to New Bedford, Massachusetts.

What a wonderful day this must have been. Such a gorgeous spot.
ReplyDeletei love hydrangeas .. and that stone in front of the daffodils is as pretty as the flowers. i love all yellow flowers...great shot of the gargoyles and you had time with family too
ReplyDeleteI love the Hydrangeas, they would be my favorite picture here! Everything looks so beautiful. Now on to Bedford!! Having fun through YOU!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures - have fun on your travels and thanks for taking us along!
ReplyDeleteMary
Everything is lovely..but those 2 sweet faces..say everything about the trip.
ReplyDeleteHow many ways do we love our kids?:)♥
The blue scilla almost look like bluebells. I think we are all waiting for the hydrangeas to bloom!
ReplyDeleteYour real reason is the perfect reason to go visiting up East, they're a cute couple! It sounds like you had a great time with them, and the sun shined on you all!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time and the family and daffodils were well worth the trip.
ReplyDeleteSam
I loved our "little trip" We only have daffodils...other things are just about to open. Today...winter coats...Brrrrr!
ReplyDeleteBalisha
Looks like a beautiful time spent with many nice memories made. Blessings dear. Catherine xo
ReplyDeleteI love flowers that show off.
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Glenda
What a great place to visit. Love those beautiful scillas and daffs not to mention the happy faces of your son and wife :)
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely pictures , look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovin' the gargoyles! Very pretty flowers too:@)
ReplyDeleteLove all the beautiful flowers. What a nice place to visit.
ReplyDeleteWonderful spring visit for you . . . Such cheer in the color yellow!
ReplyDeleteNothing more lovely than spring breaking through when there has been such a severe winter. Enjoyed the tour!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you finally found spring! Looks like you had a lovely visit. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a nice Easter and visit in New England. I'm looking forward to all the other places you visited…I've never been to Blithewold.
ReplyDelete