Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Oven Roasted Vegetables

Here are those "still-life" vegetables from the last post.  It seemed appropriate that they stay together so I roasted them all at one time.  We'll simply warm them up for a few dinners.  I may even turn some into a soup for lunch today since it's raining and chilly outside.




Oven Roasted Vegetables
400 degree oven

Cauliflower, squash, onions, etc. cut to about the same size--about 8 cups in all

In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp each of finely chopped rosemary and thyme, salt and pepper to taste.

Add the vegetables to the bowl and stir well to coat each piece.

Spread out on a large baking pan, drizzle the remaining oil mixture over them and roast for about 25 minutes.

As for those tomatoes, I cut them up, added a sliced cucumber, a splash of balsamic vinegar,  salt and pepper and had them for lunch.


17 comments:

  1. not only is this beautiful, delicious but easy enough fro me the non cook to do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted vegertables Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasted veggies too.. we had cauliflower and onions last night..so good..A mix is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I were going to be there for lunch!! hee hee. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you do with your roasted vegetables, it's bound to be delicious.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Godness... You have made me hungry!!!!! Those veggies look tremendous... I love roasted veggies... My son roasts their veggies on their big grill... SO GOOD...

    Today for lunch, I enjoyed one more of our wonderful summer tomatoes with some cottage cheese and some green onion. Tonight, we'll have another one with some baby carrots with our entree.... YUM..

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. we love roasted veggies so much...
    both the dress shop and the cafe are GONE...I never shopped at Margaret's but we LOVED eating the french food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All veggies taste wonderful roasted! What a beautiful mixture you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are roasted just perfectly! And yes, I can see it as soup. A bit of broth and seasonings, viola!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think roasted veggie soup sounds great-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those look amazing. I love roasting my veggies with a simple drizzle of oil and garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look delightful -- and your photos are looking better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I love roasted veggies and it's so easy to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are always mouthwatering. Sorry I have been MIA! Hope you're well. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This does sound and look wonderful! I do make a variation on that recipe, but haven't used the rosemary and thyme. I'm trying that next time!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.