I had a very nice birthday.
After getting a few necessary chores out of the way,
I decided to pamper myself the rest of the day.
One book was finished and another one started.
Two dear friends called to chat.
Both boys phoned as well--the highlight of my day!
The Baker prepared a filet
smothered in a mushroom wine sauce.
I still want a hot dog!
Looks great!
ReplyDeleteGlad your day was good!
hubby would love that filet, it is beautiful, but i would rather have a hot dog than a steak.. or a burger.. either one. no cake? you were a good girl.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great birthday Bonnie. That filet sure looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteSam
Happy belated birthday! I hope you finally got your hot dog! Sometimes when hubby and I go to Sam's Club on the weekends, we have a hot dog lunch. I know that they aren't good for you. But they are oh so good!
ReplyDeleteThat filet looked amazing! And so did the shrimp tacos!!
xo Kris
Happy Birthday, Bonnie! Come on over, we'll make a hot dog for you :) Hubby certainly treated you to a classy dinner, though.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteThe filet looks wonderful. I do love hot dogs as well though!
xo Catherine
aw dear Bonnie, I understand you but this look delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds great. I laughed very loudly at your last line.
ReplyDeleteToday looks like a great day for a hot dog.
Fondly,
Glenda
Oh, my!! Just think, you can have both now!! If you'd gotten the hot dog first, you might have missed out on this filet!! YUM!! Have that hot dog! ;) blessings ~ tanna
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a perfect birthday, Bonnie! Chicago style hot dog does sound good! When my son was in the U of C , Boulder, for his Master degree, there was a vendor that sold Chicago style hot dogs on campus .. they were soooo good!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great birthday, Bonnie! The filet looks scrumptious with that good sauce. I agree about the hot dog though, haven't had one in ages. Now is time to do something about it, go to Portillo's! Is there one near you? Love their Chicago Style Hot Dogs!
ReplyDeleteYes, there is a Portillo's but I have the hot dogs. Ordered them from D'Artagnan and they are all natural and just waiting for a bun!!
DeleteOnce I set my mind to having something, nothing else will do. Now you need to go grocery shopping. Nathans are good. Your meal does look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! The fillet looks delicious! I hope you are still celebrating....Bonnie
ReplyDeleteNow I like my wienies, but I could hold out for grilled in the summer... Filet, that I'll gladly have any day! Lucky girl:@)
ReplyDeleteAll of this looks great!
ReplyDeleteHope you had an awesome birthday!!!
M : )
happy birthday friend and what a wonderful birthday dinner. Wow it looks amazing
ReplyDelete