"A Meal That Makes A Difference"
How clever and appropriate is this centerpiece?
May I mention that it was designed and produced by my friend Vicky?
She's the one who hosted book group and made the clever centerpiece
from my last post. I know she had help so kudos to you, Vicky, and your helpers.
Each of those balloons represents a generous donation to MOW from a very supportive
group of individuals.
The food, prepared by area chefs, was simply amazing
and delicious
and beautifully presented.
Here is a small "sample".
We all walked away well and deliciously fed.
Sugar spiced salmon
Smoked beef tenderloin
with cherry and port buerre rouge
served with roasted baby vegetables.
Dark chocolate trifle
Oliver, waiting to see if any doggie bags were brought back.


that center piece is a -mazing, what a great idea...hope Oliver got a treat.. MOW is a great place to volunteer, they do so much good..
ReplyDeleteWooo---what a fantastic meal... BUT--anyone who participates in Meals on Wheels (like you all do) DESERVES a meal like this on occasion... You ARE appreciated....
ReplyDeleteYUM--your pictures made me hungry... Guess I'll go and eat some soup... Hmmm---not quite the same thing though...ha ha
Hugs,
Betsy
When I was a visiting nurse some of my patients benefited from meals on wheels. What a wonderful celebration of a good cause, Love the centerpiece and the decorations--looks perfect for even a winter day.
ReplyDeleteWe have Meals on Wheels here too..KUDOS!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely event..I love the centerpieces..so creative..And the dishes look so tastefully done.
What a feast and what a great cause. My FIl enjoy receiving them, but he was a true gourmet and thus he would have enjoyed the foods you shared much more. I applaud them and you for volunteering.
ReplyDeleteSam
What a clever centerpiece and food for a worthy cause. The food looks delicious. MOW is a wonderful thing and widely used here. I hope Oliver got a little doggie bag!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to have an event like this to look forward to in the winter! It's a shame the weather didn't cooperate but I'm glad you made it and ate very well:@)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful cause and event, Bonnie! Many of my Mother's friends received "meals on wheels" and it was life saving for them! Your friend's centerpiece was very clever and fun!
ReplyDeleteSo did he get a doggie bag? I am thinking not because it was so fancy. Everything look absolutely mouth watering!! And I love the blue balloons. So is this banquet for the biggest donaters? Is that potatoes under the salmon? That would be my favorite dish,
ReplyDeleteMOW is an excellent program! LOVE the centerpieces; Vicky outdid herself (as we say in the South). ;) Did Oliver score a doggie bag??? blessings ~ tanna
ReplyDeleteYes he did. After all, it was Meals on Wheels!!
DeleteOh my!!! I love that clever centerpiece!!! Food looks amazing! Hope you will begin to see the thaw soon where you are!
ReplyDeletexo Kris
what a wonderful cause and so rewarding for the seniors. I love all that food. the salmon especially looks amazing
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful organization MOW is! And Oliver is so handsome!
ReplyDelete