While I couldn't find the origin of the proverbial saying
"Silence is Golden", I can give you the source of "Don't talk. Rest your voice."
That would be The Baker!
He kept reminding me, over and over, to do just that for the past week.
Hmmmm!
I almost completely lost my voice this past Monday.
I had few symptoms other than those of an allergy.
I've never, ever suffered from allergies and we've lived all around the U.S..
To bring a long and silent story to an end,
I am much better. Instead of squawking when I try to speak,
I now sound like a cross between Tallulah Bankhead and
Katharine Hepburn.
"Silence is Golden", I can give you the source of "Don't talk. Rest your voice."
That would be The Baker!
He kept reminding me, over and over, to do just that for the past week.
Hmmmm!
I almost completely lost my voice this past Monday.
I had few symptoms other than those of an allergy.
I've never, ever suffered from allergies and we've lived all around the U.S..
To bring a long and silent story to an end,
I am much better. Instead of squawking when I try to speak,
I now sound like a cross between Tallulah Bankhead and
Katharine Hepburn.
The Baker has coddled me with lots of soup and
coddled eggs sprinkled with pink Himalayan salt
which is rumored to have healing powers.
Thanks for all your well wishes! I'll be around to "visit" later today.
the salt looks pretty and if it works that is great. when i was younger i used to get like you have been a couple times a year, but have not for several years now... it is so aggravating to not be able to talk.
ReplyDeleteGee you have a nice baker! Glad you are feeling better.Better than winning a million dollars.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon Bonnie!
ReplyDeleteThe salt look beauty! I love these special salts!
xo
It sounds as though the worst of the "Spring Uglies" is over. So glad to hear your voice is back. BUT let the book of life show it is hard to silence Bonnie Hunter :-)
ReplyDelete.
You've got that right Mary!!
DeleteLooks good, get well soon!
DeleteI have been worried about you, and i am so glad you are better! Bankhead, Hepburn and the rest with those husky voices, they sounded very sexy! So no wonder hubby was waiting on you so much! His breakfast looks like something from a fancy restaurant! Where did you tell me that he learned to cook?
ReplyDeleteHe learned to cook from me.
DeleteHi There, Glad you are feeling better... Sounds like your hubby took good care of his sweetie... I love 'natural' ways of healing and staying healthy... I used to have LOTS of throat problems when I was teaching/singing (teaching music). I had vocal cord problems --and had to give up singing completely (which was hard)... BUT---talking has never bothered me so I haven't had any throat problems since I made that huge change in my life/career. It was the late '70's when I began my new career in church work... Music is just something I enjoy these days... Quiet a huge change in my life!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy
Andrew is still mixing a healing potion. I love it. =) Glad you are starting to feel better. I think that voice combo is a very nice one... wouldn't mind having it myself, but without the sickness. ;) Keep on improving, dear Bonnie. blessings ~ tanna
ReplyDeleteKatherine Hepburn isn't bad... Glad you're feeling better, sounds like I need some pink salt:@)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that you were not feeling well.
ReplyDeletePink salt? Interesting.
Get to feeling better soon. Sounds like The Baker is a good Doctor.
M :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're on the mend.
Bonnie, wasn't this episode of a winter cold just the pits? I had it for 2 weeks along with my husband and my mother. Still getting over it, and hoping that you heal faster than we did!!!! Yucko, what a bad bug! Here's looking to spring, summer and delicious, beautiful times! looking forward to your posts when you feel better!
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon, my friend!
Roz
So happy to read that you are feeling better and are being well taken care of. Spring colds can be the worst.
ReplyDeleteYou keep that sexy voice mixture of Hepburn and Bankhead and I'll bet he will continue to cook for you. Glad you are feeling better. Now if you can just keep that voice...
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are feeling better Bonnie. Having someone coddle you is always a good thing. And you have a sexy voice.
ReplyDeleteSam
You are so lucky to have such a good cook to coddle you, Bonnie! It's kind of fun having a new voice but keep those swollen vocal chords rested :)
ReplyDeletehope you are better really soon to enjoy this beautiful spring weather and i love the pink salt! wishing i had some
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're feeling better! :)
ReplyDelete