Friday, May 15, 2015

New England in Spring I


Last week, I left on a jet plane
now I'm back home again.


Southwest whisks me away from Chicago to Providence
in about two hours.  In fact, it takes almost as much time to get to the airport
as it does to travel to Providence.


This was my seventh trip to Rhode Island/New England
in the past five years.  Each trip brings a new adventure.


This "Ocean State" bridge welcomes one with art rather than graffiti.


The steeple of First Baptist Church 
has long been my focal point "guide" when I'm driving
about Providence.  Click First Baptist Church for an interesting 
history of the church.

I'll be back to share more of my visit out east.  I'm looking forward to catching up with each of you.


12 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I love the bridge. I can't wait to hear and see more.Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are absolutely beautiful Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite cities. I have family in Barrington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to take a trip to New England. I always have this dream to go to some great inn and spend Thanksgiving out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that painted bridge and a beautiful steeple.. we have a tall glass building here that we can see from all 4 points of the compass.. it directs us.
    it takes 6 hours to drive from here to Savannah. to fly is 7 hours. 1 hour is flight time. half hour to Atlanta 2 hour layover 1/2 hour to Savannah and 90 minutes to drive in.... if we could fly directly there it would be under an hour

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to visit this state.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pretty painted bridge, glad you had a nice trip:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ♡ New England! It sounds you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wondered what had happened to you! Wow, your little teaser looks gorgeous! I can't wait for more! Do you have friends or relatives there?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful New England! What an amazing bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to visit Rhode Island someday, it must be beautiful. And so full of history.

    Thank you for this glimpse!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.