This particular exhibit is a collection of early 20th century radios and other memorabilia from that era of radio and showcases the pieces from two private collections. As we toured the exhibit, music from my grandparents era followed us. I was so taken with all the sounds and scenes around me that I completely forgot I had a camera.
The back garden was partially covered by a huge white tent where tables were dressed in long white cloths and center pieces of beautiful garden flowers scented the entire area. There were tables laden with delicious food and drink. It was a magical evening!
The side garden of the Aldrich House was "dressed" with flowering trees.
Whites
Pinks
Many shades of green
The whole city of Providence was filled with flowering trees, azaleas, rhododendron, phlox and many more flowers that I can't identify. It was hard to imagine how many feet of snow covered this city only a month or so ago!
If you're in the area, check out the exhibit and then stroll about the neighborhood on sidewalks strewn with fallen petals.
If you're in the area, check out the exhibit and then stroll about the neighborhood on sidewalks strewn with fallen petals.

A beautiful view of spring! I'm glad you enjoyed such a special evening. Even camera free. Sometimes I think I spend more time capturing moments with my camera than actually enjoying them. I'm pondering that. But it is fun to have pics for blogging! Enjoy the weekend.
ReplyDeleteLovely for you!
ReplyDeletea beautiful place to have a Happy Mothers day..
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day. Your DIL sounds like a perfect fit to the family, Bonnie. I'm glad the trip was so much fun. The gardens are beautiful and I could learn to love radios :-) Hugs...Mary
ReplyDeleteBonnie all look beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!! What a special event your DIL arranged for you.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! That must have been a wonderful event, Bonnie. Enjoy the rest of your time there!
ReplyDeleteA Mother's Day gift that you will long remember.
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Glenda
So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteXO Kris
Sounds like you had a great day, the trees are beautiful:@)
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous place ---and you must have been there at a perfect time, to see all of those flowering trees...
ReplyDeleteMy family were 'big' into RADIO when I was growing up. TV's didn't come to our area of Virginia until I was an older teen (about 1953 or so).. SO---we listened to the radio. I remember the family enjoying the Jack Benney Show.... They got news from the radio and Daddy got his baseball scores. The radio was so important to them back then.
Hugs,
Betsy
How lovely, and what a wonderful exhibit to attend. You must be very proud of your daughter in law, Bonnie.
ReplyDelete