Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Herbs and Spices In Place

At our old house, I outfitted the cabinet that originally contained a drop-out ironing board as a spice and herb cabinet.  I hadn't thought of that until it hit me in the head--not the idea but the ironing board!!  The new house has no such thing.  It does have a long, shallow drawer that I think was intended for herbs and spices.  I found these liners at The Container Store.  A package contains six strips that the bottles and cans fit perfectly in.  I love The Container Store.  The first time The Baker accompanied me, he tagged along closely.  When I picked up a special container to "ooooh and aaaah" over, he asked what I planned to put in it.  "Oh, I just love the container.  I think I'll buy it and then buy something to put in it!!"  With that, he decided it would be better for him to go off on his own and let me shop.


I spent the morning putting the drawer in order.  Now we can both get down to some serious cooking!


11 comments:

  1. So nice that it all fits so beautifully - with room to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have not been to a container store, i don't think we have one here.. what a great idea for storing spices... and it look slike you are well on your way to filling it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are good.. sadly I would need 8 spice drawers..look how neat and tidy:)
    And Old Bay is on my grocery list lol:) That is uncanny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soooo wish I had a drawer like that and those neat organizers! I'm forever digging for the spices I want:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would find that a pleasurable morning. I wonder if you have organized them in a certain way. I looked more closely but forgot to check. I too love the container store--so much to tempt me there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am jealous!
    I don't have a wide drawer like that.
    I did stop at Penzeys the other day and picked up
    some of their short stubby jars so I can get my loose
    bagged spices put in order.
    Your arrangement looks great!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, dear God -- I need one of those, but I need to go back to the Container Store like I need a shot in the head. I went right before my trip out here to see if they had any cool travel stuff and landed up buying a desk, a side table and numerous other gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh The Container Store is a dangerous place. I never come out empty handed. Before I had my kitchen remodeled I had a shallow wide drawer I used for spices had herbs. I didn't included when designing the new cabinets....what was I thinking! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see you are getting all settled, Bonnie!! I've thought of you often this past several weeks! The Farmer's Market looks good... and Oliver is happy. Life is good. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.