Saturday, September 12, 2015

Orville Redenbacher and A Golden September Morning


The golden hour of a September morning
outside my bedroom window
6:45 a.m..



Today is the Popcorn Festival.  Orville Redenbacher and his partner, Charlie Bowman,  perfected the perfect kernel around these parts back in the early 1970s.  I'm not sure how Orvillle won out in the name department!  I do think it has a better "ring" to it than Charlie Bowman.  Sorry Charlie!!  Anyway, I understand it is a fun-filled day that takes over the city.  As I ran some late afternoon errands yesterday, workers were bustling about setting up colorful tents around town.  We'll be staying home.  We don't even have any popcorn for a private celebration.  Maybe we'll just drive up to the lakefront.  It should be quiet and peaceful.  Everyone else will be at the festival.

Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. So pretty there. I'm jealous. It's hardly light here at 6:45...
    Have a fun drive to the lake,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love Orville's popcorn, i buy simply salted with sea salt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day wherever it may take you. Hugs and blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to attend the event Bonnie. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't eat popcorn much anymore but it certainly should be celebrated where it was perfected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love popcorn, it sounds like fun:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love a popcorn festival! I would be in heaven!!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely golden glow. The glow will be getting more golden in the next few weeks :) I think they picked the right name for their product too. We love popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love popcorn! I'd love to attend that event and see how many ways people serve i :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.