Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Oven-Roasted Late Summer Vegetables

I love September!  We still have almost three weeks of summer left but, already, the shadows are getting longer and the days shorter.  A few trees are beginning to show color.  Summer squash are still abundant in the farm markets and fall/winter squash are coming in as well.  It's the time of year I start buying more vegetables than will keep well all week.  The solution is to roast them while at their peak of nutrition and deliciousness.



I simply wash the vegetables (this time carrots, summer squash and sweet peppers) and sprinkle them with olive oil, onion salt, garlic salt and lemon pepper.  They go into a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about forty minutes.


We'll have some, accompanied by a fresh tomato, cucumber and feta cheese salad for dinner this evening.  Tomorrow, I'll roast the beets, potatoes and knob onions.  We'll feast for the rest of the week.


10 comments:

  1. A feast and so healthy too. This is my kind of cooking.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those little yellow flying saucer squash:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these and look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great way to use those!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never roasted them this way. A good idea and then they are ready for the week. Enjoy your signs of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love roasted vegetables--they always taste so wonderfully carmelized

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roasting brings out such wonderful flavors from vegetables. These look delicious and I love the little squashes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite way to eat veggies too, Bonnie! Either roasted or grilled - both delicious. What a tray of beauties you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Folks who think eating healthful meals is some kind of "sacrifice" needs to see these photos. Beautiful, mouth-watering. Around our house, we call it "veggie candy."

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.