I love September! We still have almost three weeks of summer left but, already, the shadows are getting longer and the days shorter. A few trees are beginning to show color. Summer squash are still abundant in the farm markets and fall/winter squash are coming in as well. It's the time of year I start buying more vegetables than will keep well all week. The solution is to roast them while at their peak of nutrition and deliciousness.
I simply wash the vegetables (this time carrots, summer squash and sweet peppers) and sprinkle them with olive oil, onion salt, garlic salt and lemon pepper. They go into a pre-heated 400 degree oven for about forty minutes.
We'll have some, accompanied by a fresh tomato, cucumber and feta cheese salad for dinner this evening. Tomorrow, I'll roast the beets, potatoes and knob onions. We'll feast for the rest of the week.

You've made me hungry.
ReplyDeleteA feast and so healthy too. This is my kind of cooking.
ReplyDeleteSam
Oh I love those little yellow flying saucer squash:@)
ReplyDeleteI love all these and look delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like great way to use those!
ReplyDeleteM : )
I've never roasted them this way. A good idea and then they are ready for the week. Enjoy your signs of fall!
ReplyDeleteI love roasted vegetables--they always taste so wonderfully carmelized
ReplyDeleteRoasting brings out such wonderful flavors from vegetables. These look delicious and I love the little squashes.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite way to eat veggies too, Bonnie! Either roasted or grilled - both delicious. What a tray of beauties you have there!
ReplyDeleteFolks who think eating healthful meals is some kind of "sacrifice" needs to see these photos. Beautiful, mouth-watering. Around our house, we call it "veggie candy."
ReplyDelete