Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving to My Canadian Friends

I'm wishing my Canadian friends a happy Thanksgiving!
Does your meal center around a roasted turkey?
Pumpkin pie?

Do your hotels and restaurants offer a feast?

During our recent visit to Canada, I discovered a well-kept secret (to me anyway).  It was disclosed  in the form of breakfast at the Fairmont Royal York.  My son knew about this "secret" from a visit to Quebec City a few years ago and suggested we seek it out at some point.  


Peameal Bacon!!

Made from boneless pork loin and rolled in cornmeal.
So moist and tender!!
It only resembles our Canadian bacon in that it is round.


Eggs Benedict with peameal bacon at the Royal York.
I've begun a campaign to find it here.
So far, no luck but I am doggedly determined!!

8 comments:

  1. It does sound delicious. Maybe you can find it online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eggs benedict is bob's favorite breakfast to eat out... and i am sure he would love the peameal bacon. i love real bacon but not the eggs benedict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just just made eggs Benedict last week..this bacon IS very yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of Peameal Bacon--but I'm sure it is delicious... I love pork/bacon/ham of any kind.... YUM... Sounds like a great eggs benedict breakfast..... Made my mouth water....

    Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian Friends.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is only an eastern Canada thing as well. When I visit family in Ontario I bring back a suitcase flu since I have lived in British Columbia for over 20 years. Costco has a version, but it is just not the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful eggs Benedict Bonnie. Canadian Thanksgiving sneaked up on me this year.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya gotta love the pig in all of it's shapes and flavors:@) Sounds like a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of peameal bacon either! It sounds wonderful. If I ever see it, I'll let you know! What a great trip! Your hotel and this breakfast outing both look so nice.

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.