Thursday, January 14, 2016

Beef and Squash Chili


We are a third of the way through January and have had very little snow.  Until the last few weeks, the temperature has been pleasant most days.  While it made for easy holiday travel, it is time for some snow to fall and then slowly melt into the ground.  The weather has been extremely cold the past week.  The kind of cold that calls for stick-to-the-ribs meals.

I must admit that when The Baker asked if I'd like him to make a beef and squash chili, I had a moment of doubt.  The doubt was about the squash.  However, I was in a bit of a post-holiday frenzy of cleaning up and putting away so I said "lovely"!  And, it was.

The recipe is from Bon Appetit.  I only "rediscovered" the magazine a little over a year ago.  What a change!!  At least for me.  It is filled with some excellent recipes.  The styling and photographic work is some of the best in food magazines today.

When we sat down to this bowlful of deliciousness, I was ever so grateful to Bon Appetit and The Baker!  And, it was even better a few days later.


You can find the recipe here:

Beef and Squash Chili

ENJOY!

14 comments:

  1. I love a good chili on a cold day. This looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice hearty meal! No snow in Philly yet either:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just gave me an idea for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word YES... and then with the avocado on top! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were so spoiled by the weather in December that the past week's chill was really a shock. Sounds like we're plunging back into the 'vortex' this coming week too. Perfect time for a bowl of this! I totally agree about Bon Appetit Magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely beef dish on a cold winters day is to be enjoyed ...

    Have a good weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chili sounds unique and it would be great for this weather! It has warmed up to 5° now this afternoon, I couldn't wait until we returned home from running a couple of errands this morning. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how about a vegetarian version? ive never liked any meet and used to searching for veggie versions of most meals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good. Definitely will look at the recipe. We had a dusting of snow in NYC yesterday and a real storm -- the first of the season -- is predicted for the weekend. Can't complain, we've had glorious weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband would go nuts over that!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being from Texas originally, I've eaten a lot of chili and don't think I would ever have thought to put squash in the mix. Live and learn as they say, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It makes me worried that we'll have temps in the 30s until May though because our winter hasn't been too bad!

    That looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have super good weather compared to most of the country, but none of the houses are insulated properly, so I'm always feeling chilled to the bone --- I need this chili for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.