This year, instead of driving twenty miles over hill and dale, we simply walked down the street. It is still hard to believe that we are neighbors with one of the couples!! Last Easter, The Baker and I hadn't given much thought to a move and, now, here we are!!
We sat down to a beautiful table.
The centerpiece, an elegant glass swan, was filled with
fresh blossoms in pink and white.
My first helping!
The recipe for the corn pudding/corn soufflé
came from a good friend to all of us. We miss dear Judith
and still enjoy her recipes (this one in her own hand).
The Easter bunny dropped off boxes of chocolate.

Bonnie..you are so fortunate to have such dear good friends for so long.
ReplyDeleteSo cute the Little Lindts..at each place..the corn soufflé sounds and looks interesting~
That swan...swoon:)♥
What lovely and fun celebration Bonnie, I love the plates, the boxes all <3 <3
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely this recipe of your frien by hand.
ReplyDeleteI have recipes notebooks from my grand mom, my mom and me. All by hand ...
What lovely this recipe of your frien by hand.
ReplyDeleteI have recipes notebooks from my grand mom, my mom and me. All by hand ...
What a lovely table, but better still the remembrance of a friend and shared Thanksgivings.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table, delicious looking meal, plus happy memories and joyful sharing...it looks like a wonderful Easter!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table, delicious looking meal, plus happy memories and joyful sharing...it looks like a wonderful Easter!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice Easter! This special recipe sounds like a very good one to try:@)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a marvelous Easter with your friends. What a gorgeous table --and food. I'd love that Corn Souffle.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy
This warms my heart to see how lovely your Easter was with friends. This is how we spent all of our holidays when we lived in the islands - with friends. How fun that your group continues to share recipes from Judith.
ReplyDeleteSam
I love that tradition Bonnie! My brother has Thanksgiving with friends every year, and each year it gets bigger and bigger - I think last year there were 40 people?
ReplyDeleteWe may get temps in the 70s today, although stormy, but I'll take it :D
A beautiful table! and a wonderful tradition for you. I can't believe you hadn't thought of a move yet a year ago! I make that recipe often for guests, but not with the cheese. I should try that!
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky to have long-time friends nearby to celebrate holidays when your family is far away, Bonnie! What a wonderful tradition!
ReplyDeleteWhat pretty china and linens, and such a nice Easter menu. But it's perfectly wonderful to have friends who share such a longstanding tradition!
ReplyDeleteYou were very lucky in your move, weren't you. I'm looking forward to new possibilities in our own.
Easter is my favorite holiday/holy day of the year. Your menu and decor are the reasons why I love it so much! I love the swan centerpiece! Nothing like fresh spring colored flowers too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Spring to you Bonnie!
Beautiful table Bonnie. I have similar plates. I love that you have dear friends like we do. It makes it so special to get together. Love the corn souffle recipe in Judith's hand. We need to hold our friends dear.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful table Bonnie. I have similar plates. I love that you have dear friends like we do. It makes it so special to get together. Love the corn souffle recipe in Judith's hand. We need to hold our friends dear.
ReplyDeleteEverything looked beautiful.
ReplyDeleteCan you tell me when to sprinkle on the cheese, I
couldn't make out the word after cheese. Thanks!!
Love well used recipes,you know they are really
good then.
M : )
It says "bake 30 minutes then sprinkle on cheese and bake ten minutes". It doesn't have an oven temp but I usually do 350.
ReplyDelete