It has been many years since I used a cake mix. To me, they all had an odd taste and I didn't care much for the texture. I've heard they've greatly improved. I'm still not tempted. However, that doesn't include the Williams-Sonoma Spiced Pumpkin Quick Bread. To be honest, I had passed this up as well until one day my friend Sheila came down for a visit and brought me the mix. She declared it delicious! Knowing her prowess in the kitchen, I had no doubt that it would be delicious. It was and is.
This leads me to share with you my foiled plan to prepare a nice treat for our friends who were returning from vacation last week. I knew they'd appreciate finding something for a late arrival treat or for breakfast the next morning. When gathering what was needed to make a coffee cake, I realized that both my baking powder and baking soda was out of date. It was cold outside. I wasn't in the mood to make a trip to the grocery store. I spied the cheerful bag of quick bread mix in the pantry and decided it was my solution. I followed the directions on the package for muffins. I dressed them up with a half cup each of diced orange peel and diced dates. Just before popping them into the oven, I sprinkled the tops with sparkling sugar.
Delicious!
ENJOY!

Look wonderful Bonnie :)
ReplyDeleteLook wonderful Bonnie :)
ReplyDeleteWho wouldn't love a treat like this from a neighbor. Love how you spiced them up with the orange peel and dates. I know they must have been pleased.
ReplyDeleteSam
So nice!
ReplyDeleteI love when our daughter leaves us treats!
My friend Nancy when visiting a pastry shop would always bring us each a treat.Never stop Bonnie:)
What a lovely teat to come home to. They sound delicious.
ReplyDeletethe smell is killing me.. HE he he.. yummy
ReplyDeleteFoiled plans turned out well I'd say! They look good.
ReplyDeleteGood to know the W-S mixes work well. I'm sure everyone enjoyed their treat:@)
ReplyDeleteI like WS products, also King Arthur Flour products. Quality make a big dufference. Your muffins look delicious!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletePumpkin is always wonderful. I think these prove it!
ReplyDeleteThey look fabulous! And I sure wish I had one with my coffee!!
ReplyDeleteXO Kris