Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Chilled Soup for a Hot Day

We're having a heat wave!  Mid-summer has arrived with a vengeance.  If I didn't know better, I'd think we were back in Charleston where the summers were long, languid and drippy with humidity.  Even with air conditioning, I'm reluctant to heat the oven and roast anything.  While I'd rather have coq au vin, we're having cold soup.  Well, I'm having cold soup.  The Baker is not particularly fond of this recipe.  For me, it is a comfort having it in the refrigerator.

A friend served this at a luncheon on one of those hot Charleston afternoons.  A few of us asked her for the recipe.  She wasn't forthcoming and I'd forgotten about when I got an e-mail from her.  There was the recipe and the suggestion that I might like to share it on the blog.





Chilled Vegetable Soup from Anita 

1 46 ounce can of V-8 juice
8 oz of plain yogurt

Whisk until well blended and chill.
With Anita's blessing, I added a dash of Sriracha and the juice of a whole lime.

ENJOY!

11 comments:

  1. I love soups every time !! Look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome recipe with no work at all! No cooking or even reheating! I will be making for dinner it this week, along with a sandwich. It is very hot here too! Yet I am determined to visit the Rockingham County Fair this week, along with a few small pocket fans. Good to see you, I have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love V-8 (low sodium) and have it on hand so this would be approved in this house. I'm going to try it. Thanks! And beautifully photographed. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really good.... and SO easy. Who wouldon't love that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy this sounds easy and refreshing-stay cool:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that this is such an easy soup. I'm sure it is very refreshing. Crazy hot summer this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that this is such an easy soup. I'm sure it is very refreshing. Crazy hot summer this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...and how are you? I have been a dreadful blogger lately. I do apologize! It is quite hot here too. We have been triple digits for several days in a row, and now there are raging wild fires very near us. It is just awful.
    I haven't been doing too much cooking. Keeping it pretty easy with this heat.
    The cold soup looks good and refreshing!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, Bonnie. And most of us have the ingredients on hand, too.
    LOVE Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two ingredients, all the better!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.