Yes, you read that correctly! Let me explain. My dear friend, Tana, is the owner of Five Star Thai--my favorite Thai restaurant. She is a very busy lady so it's hard to find a time to get together outside of the restaurant. When we made a plan for this week, I invited her to breakfast. The day before, she called to say she wanted to make me a Thai morning meal. I truly wanted to treat her but I'm not one to turn down that sweet and spicy and salty and sour cuisine. I said "bring it on" and she did.
Tana arrived with a basket filled with eggs, a bit of freshly ground pork, hot sauce, fish sauce and cilantro. She quickly set to work with those ingredients.
Tana whipped them up in a bowl while heating a pan over medium heat for what seemed like a very long time. She then added pure vegetable oil, quite a bit, and let that heat for awhile.
When she added the eggs, they immediately puffed up and sizzled away for a few minutes before she skillfully turned them over.
They were delicious!! I promise to master the dish and come back to you with the recipe very soon.
My contribution to the meal?
Irish Soda Bread of course! I feel safe in saying that we were probably the only two people dining on this exact menu in the area, maybe even the country!
It was a good morning with my sweet and generous friend!
It i so much fun to cook with friends.
ReplyDeleteHow fun..to have a friend to photo while she cooks:) It looks great and so do your bluebirds of happiness:)
ReplyDeleteor maybe even in the world... sounds great and even better to have someone cook it for you
ReplyDeleteI agree...I think in the world. Too bad everyone else couldn't enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteHow nice of your friend to make breakfast... I think your bread probably made a nice addition to the Thai breakfast.... Fun fun!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy
What a 'fun' friend to have! She's beautiful too!
ReplyDeleteIreland and Thailand...both beautiful places and with their own delicious foods. How fun to combine them into one meal.
ReplyDeleteNo doubt a wonderful meal! Sounds like you had a great time:@)
ReplyDeleteOh yum!!! I hope you master the recipe soon. You are very lucky to have a friend like this.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to share breakfast with a friend and no your menu is as unique and special as you both are ... I have been wanting Irish Soda Bread all day, as I think of the Chicago river being dyed green.
ReplyDeleteHappy Spring, friend.
Fondly,
Glenda
Colliding cultures! What a wonderful breakfast. I've often thought that breakfast is a great date. Glad you were able to get together with your friend.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a wonderful breakfast with good company! I love Thai food so will be glad if you share your recipe once you have developed it.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a great way to start the day! The eggs must have been delicious and I'm sure your soda bread stole the show. I loved the photos. Have a wonderful weekend, Bonnie. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDeleteHow fun to work in the kitchen with friends. We love Thai food and she sounds like an expert.
ReplyDeleteSam
Sounds like my kind of breakfast! Yum!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful treat for your friend to make this delicious breakfast for you! I can't wait for you to share the instructions.
ReplyDeleteThissounds like a delicious breakfast! I also love Thai food and would love this recipe, Bonnie.
ReplyDeletenot sure which one I like the most- the bread or the omelet. They both sound amazing. What a perfect treat!
ReplyDeleteHmmmm, having trouble leaving a comment this morning. I'm looking forward to this recipe, Bonnie. How sweet of your friend to not only bring breakfast with her but to cook it for you as well.
ReplyDelete