Tuesday, August 20, 2013

La Fournette and Reflections

La Fournette at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday--one of our favorite places to be.  There is ample parking and a line hasn't formed yet.  Early risers sip coffee and munch on freshly baked croissants.  Award winning Chef Pierre Zimmerman closed his family's one hundred and ten year old bakery in France and moved to Chicago in 2009.  He opened La Fournette in Old Town at 1547 N. Wells.  A second bakery and cafe is opening next month in Lincoln Park.  


We snagged a parking space right in front!  



Bonjour!


See the round loaves with the "F"?
I want to plan a whole dinner party around them!



My breakfast:  house-cured salmon on multi-grain bread
with a slather of creme fraiche 
a sprinkle of capers
sprouts
tomato

I was then off to capture a few reflections near the corner of
Illinois and McClurg.





It was a good morning.

13 comments:

  1. Well it sounds divine!!!! What a fabulous bakery that must be!!! Your breakfast had me drooling!!! Such yumminess!!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous to have a local restaurant owned by a Frenchman. Ooh, la, la to your breakfast.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me miss Chicago, Bonnie! I can't think of a better way to start the day than the one you've described. I loved the Old Town and Lincoln Park areas of the city. Years ago they were basically ethnic neighborhoods and had some amazing sites and smells. I hope they didn't lose all their atmosphere with gentrification. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cool shots of the reflections, bread is an addiction for me so that shot of all the bread has me drooling

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are early birds..
    I enjoy eperiences like this so much..
    Pretty resto..gorgeous bread..daylight:)

    Dinners out don't appeal to me anymore at all..And I am not that old:)
    Almost..not quite..Just like cozy comforts of home in the evenings..
    Glad you got pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good afternoon for me, and I am only READING about it! So I am imagining it is open till about five. Wow, to have food made by a real French Chef! It does look divine! How do you keep from bringing home one of everything?? Do they sell cakes and cookies as well, or just bread? I am a bread LOVER! Remember the bakery in Charlottesville, Chandlers? Just a bit further up the highway from the mall. Sadly, times are so hard that they announced they will not be making breads anymore, it is not cost effective. Matter of fact, I will look and see if they are even still there now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely place and pictures Bonnie, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful morning...starting off with a parking place right in front of the bakery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place to visit, the breads are beautiful:@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I remember you talking about visiting here other years.. a favorite place of yours so of course! And your views of the city are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the prefect way to start any day.
    I so wish we had amazing places like this in our little country town.
    You captured those reflections perfectly
    Have a wonderful week
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a lovely place to eat, visit and take in the day!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.