...and The Mysterious Case of the Missing Half Stick of Butter.
This dish contained one and a half sticks of butter softening on the kitchen counter. As you can see, the half stick is missing.
I invite you to submit entries of what you think happened to that missing half stick.

Oliver says (while licking his chops)... the cat did it! Even if you don't have one:@)
ReplyDeleteIn my house, "Not Me" does everything.
ReplyDelete"Who me?"
ReplyDeleteSam
I think he ate, one of our dogs ate one sick of butter when was in the tablesrrom, but maybe in this case he is innocent, he is cute:)
ReplyDeleteHe started to make my shortbread recipe..and discovered he didn't have any flour..so he ate the 1/2 stick of the 1 and 1/2 sticks:)
ReplyDeleteGosh Oli's photogenic..
and looks so innocent and quite regal:)
Would it be too easy to say that the dog ate it?
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen is so pretty, Bonnie. Is there a butter thief in your adorable town?
ReplyDeleteFondly,
Glenda
LOL - Too funny. He's like, I have no idea what you're talking about. It wasn't me.
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA----he looks so innocent....
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy
Hmmm....let me think about that. :)
ReplyDeleteOliver says, "The devil made me do it!"
ReplyDeleteOh to funny!
ReplyDeleteOliver says "What butter?
M :)
I had to laugh. I have caught my Lab sneaking butter off the counter on more than on occasion! I thought he would get sick, but he didn't. He looks pretty innocent to me though. Maybe it was The Gardener?
ReplyDeletexo Kris
Well Bonnie, he sure LOOKS innocent. :)
ReplyDeletei can't type I am laughing so hard... color Oliver Guilty as Charged in the case of the missing half stick of butter. He even LOOKS guilty.... don't let him play poker with that expressive face... i just LOVE this.. thanks for brightening my day.
ReplyDeleteOh Oliver is so beautiful....and innocent....looking. Could he have possibly? Paper and all? Bless his heart!
ReplyDelete"Butter, what butter? I didn't see any butter." ;) LOL! He knows the good stuff. blessings ~ tanna
ReplyDeleteWhat a look on Oliver's face. He's good at playing innocent. I wonder if he has a tummy ache.
ReplyDeleteLOL Too funny
ReplyDeleteLove
Maggie
Dog tall; counters low . . . .Hmmm. Love your kitchen.
ReplyDeleteMy Mom's friends dog ate FOUR sticks of butter! They fell out of her grocery bag and she couldn't find them until the dog pooped some of the wrappers! :D
ReplyDeleteStay warm this weekend!