Friday, May 29, 2015

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

We are having such a lovely spring around here and I hope it stays that way until summer--still three weeks away!  The days are warm.  The nights are cool.  The grass is green.  The flowers and plants are at their happiest.  We've both been very busy working on a special project.  More about that later.  Our usual routine keeps getting interrupted and meals have been a little different.

I found myself having to throw together a late supper last night and was inspired by a bit of cottage cheese in the refrigerator.  From that first "ding" of inspiration to sitting down to these delicious pancakes was less than thirty minutes.



Cottage Cheese Pancakes from Dziennik Zwiazkowy (Alliance Daily)
Serves 4

1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

1.  Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
2.  Mix together the cottage cheese, milk, eggs and vegetable oil.  Stir into flour mixture being careful not to over mix.
3.  Heat a large griddle and brush it with vegetable oil.
4.  Pour 1/2 to 3/4 cup of batter into the hot pan.  When bubbles start to form on the pancake, check the bottom.  When bottom is golden brown, flip the pancake and fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
5.  Serve with a fruit syrup and/or fresh fruit.

ENJOY!

13 comments:

  1. I've always heard of these but never tried them. Hmmm I have some aging cottage cheese in the frig--this might be just the thing. Have a nice weekend and enjoy the spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum and i would never ina million years of thought of putting cottage cheese in pancakes but i can see how delish it would be. and give protein in the pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom made us pancakes on Fridays for years:)

    Nice memories..
    Our grass is so green too..until July..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious, Bonnie. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pancakes look delicious Bonnie!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pancakes for dinner sounds like fun! Our spring has been a rainy one so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How DO you come up with them! I'm buying the cottage cheese as soon as I get to the store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been intrigued by cottage cheese pancakes but haven't tried them yet! They sounds delicious and perfect for a quick dinner. Our weather has certainly seen its ups and downs. This weekend is definitely down! High winds, rain and chilly temps tonight. My poor plants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really good. I'm someone who always has cottage cheese in the refrigerator and it's one of my go-tos.
    P.S. BookExpo16 is in Chicago next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look and sound amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, that looks so good! I'll be looking in my frig for some cottage cheese. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've yet to try making pancakes with either ricotta or cottage cheese . . . I needed the prod. They look really good, a perfect late night supper. I can't believe I'm saying it, but sometimes, I get tired of frittatas!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.