We are having such a lovely spring around here and I hope it stays that way until summer--still three weeks away! The days are warm. The nights are cool. The grass is green. The flowers and plants are at their happiest. We've both been very busy working on a special project. More about that later. Our usual routine keeps getting interrupted and meals have been a little different.
I found myself having to throw together a late supper last night and was inspired by a bit of cottage cheese in the refrigerator. From that first "ding" of inspiration to sitting down to these delicious pancakes was less than thirty minutes.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes from Dziennik Zwiazkowy (Alliance Daily)
1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
2. Mix together the cottage cheese, milk, eggs and vegetable oil. Stir into flour mixture being careful not to over mix.
3. Heat a large griddle and brush it with vegetable oil.
4. Pour 1/2 to 3/4 cup of batter into the hot pan. When bubbles start to form on the pancake, check the bottom. When bottom is golden brown, flip the pancake and fry for another 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Serve with a fruit syrup and/or fresh fruit.