Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Blog Diet

As of this morning, almost a week after the movers deposited the furniture, there is still a lot to sort out and find a place for....a work in progress but progressing.  We actually have more storage space in the kitchen here but need to find out what works where best.  I actually understand that sentence!!


At least these bags provide some color while waiting to be unloaded.  Speaking of color, we haven't seen much sunshine since late last week.  Storms, more storms and street flooding has been going on.
Dodging the downpours, Andrew has finished emptying out the old house while I stayed here and put things away.  It seems for each two boxes I unloaded, he brought back three!!


Most of the furniture has not found exactly where to stand yet.  There is a place for everything--alas, everything is not in that place.


Did you know that professional movers will not move lamps with bulbs in them and shades on them? I know where to find the shades.  But, where are the bulbs?

My blog has been on a diet but that's about to change.  I'm off for the first grocery shopping since we moved!!

16 comments:

  1. Aww Bonnie don't worry !
    My last move was a mess.Take it with calm.
    you need tima to order, find the things and go to the groceries:))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking your advice to be calm! In fact, I'm leaving all "this" and going to lunch with a friend.

      Delete
  2. Aww Bonnie don't worry !
    My last move was a mess.Take it with calm.
    you need tima to order, find the things and go to the groceries:))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said several times that moving would be so much easier, if we didn't have to eat or do laundry. Your windows look so pretty. We are two weeks in. Things are starting to look more settled, but lots of fine tuning to do.

    Blessings in the middle/muddle, friend.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boxes have a way of eating up the one item that you need! Who needs light? :-) Enjoy establishing your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Courage!
    I can still remember the last move..(no movers).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an exciting time for you! And the perfect chance to sort through and edit out what you don't want to give space to anymore. So very exhausting but exhilarating at the same time, isn't it?

    With all the rains, will there be some of your good soups on the menu?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember all the box opening, searching and sorting and oganization that we went through when we moved from NYC to Colorado a few years ago...it's work, but also fun, to turn the new place into a home. Enjoy it! Hope better weather arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure it is all a challenge. Looking forward to seeing your kitchen when it is put together. Hang in there Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know that about movers, I have moved many many times in my life, but we always did it ourselves.. i do understand your sentence... hope all is placed soon and you can rest. i always feel out of sorts if everything is not in its place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post title cracked me up--I wasn't sure
    what you were going to write about.

    In time you will get things in there places, I have no doubt.

    Did not know that little tidbit about professional movers. Maybe
    they are afraid they will bust a buld or smash a shade. Interesting.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will all get done... The rain helps with staying in the house and chipping away at it:@) Enjoy your shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a lot of work, but kind of fun figuring out where to place everything in your new home. Hope all goes well with it! It's another cool day here, 65 degrees, rainy but more humid, and I'm wondering what the summer weather will be. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, I missed all the news about your move. Change can be exciting. At one time I was quite good at moving. It seemed the longest we stayed anywhere was about 4 years. Now, it scares me a bit. Take you time...bird by bird! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.