Thursday, June 11, 2015

Roast Chicken, Spinach Souffle, Fruit Salsa, Lemon Rosemary Cake--Moving Day

I am pleased to report that yesterday's move went extremely well.  It started at 8 a.m. and the last item off the truck was at 5 p.m..  At 5:15 p.m., Comcast was at the door ready to hook up the computer and the television.  Wow!


There are so many boxes and bags to unpack that I don't know where to begin.  So far, a second load of laundry is swishing away and I've placed all the seldom-used crystal in the proper place.  The hunt is on for Andrew's cell phone, the small screw driver and the coffee scoop.  I'm sure more items will end up missing!

I'm not really here to talk too much about the actual act of moving.  It's just too tiring.  I am here to report that we did not pick up fast food last evening.  Instead, I stopped and pulled out placemats, cloth napkins, china, crystal and flatware.  I set up two places and waited for the doorbell to ring.

We are wealthy in friendships!  Thanks to Sue, Scott, Jane and Jim, we feasted on


Mark Bittman's Soy Chicken


Spinach Souffle with Caramelized Onions, Sauteed Diced Red
Pepper and Mushrooms


Fruit Salsa with Strawberries, Cherries, Peaches, Green Onions
and Jalapeno Peppers


A plate well earned and thoroughly enjoyed!

But, we weren't finished...


Lemon Rosemary cake with whipped cream.

We drifted off to sleep feeling joyful for such good friends and dreamed of leftovers!  I'll be asking to share recipes with you soon.  And, I'll be back visiting each of you as soon as I find that cell phone, etc..

19 comments:

  1. Hope you had a nice move, is always a mess!
    But go slowly Bonnie!!
    All these plates look delicious!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you are knee deep in boxes....but, it can go slowly now. Take a few minutes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a well deserved feast Bonnie. Good luck with the unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SURELY a wealthy woman to have such good friends. Glad your move went smoothly. Wishing you many happy new memories made in your new home xoxo
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that the move went off without too many hitches.
    It is so nice to have friends that take such good care of you.
    That meal looked really yummy. Looking forward to your
    recipes.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad it went so smoothly, Bonnie. Enjoy your new home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A meal delivered from a friend beats any meal out … and how special to celebrate your first meal at home with your best ware and such a delicious meal. Glad it all went well--you have lots of time to unpack And your movers--lol--I thought they were local to our city! Oh well. I learned something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good moving day! What a wonderful dinner celebration provided by your friends for your first day in your new home!

    Take it one box at a time--it will all get done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AW such nice friends to bring you such a feast! We ended up going to Whole Foods for dinner the first night, because we were dead tired! I'm finally recovered from lack of sleep, but still working on those darn boxes. I don't even want to look at the ones down in the basement area. Going from a four bedroom 2,000 plus square feet into loosing a family room and a smaller kitchen is tough. Luckily there is a ton of storage in this house, not that I don't want to keep all the junk, but at least it will give us time to sort through it!!! Happy unpacking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome meal for moving day! I see just a peek of the house, it looks a bit like ours. How about showing us a picture of the house? I need to know MORE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are blessed! What a moving day meal you enjoyed. Moving is exhausting. I recently found a white pitcher I use for flowers....it's been is a box with candle holders, etc. but the box was not labeled as such :) I do hope you find the cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad everything went so well..
    SO WELL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear the move went well! Dinner looks amazing:@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What nice friends! It looks delicious, and isn't it about the best thing people can do for you when you move!

    Blessing to you during this busy time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You moved! How exciting! And exhausting!!! Best wishes in your new home!!!! That meal looked wonderful!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. i can't decide which is more awesome, the fact Comcast was there so fast with your internet or that stunning buffet your friends brought to you. glad it all went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear you've moved in and are getting settled. Food all looks great, and great friends makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The title alone of this post made me salivate! I can't stand moving and wish you rest and relaxation and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful that your friends brought dinner and dessert for you!! I'm sure it will still be a lot of work to get things unpacked and stored. A little at a time is my motto :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.