There are so many boxes and bags to unpack that I don't know where to begin. So far, a second load of laundry is swishing away and I've placed all the seldom-used crystal in the proper place. The hunt is on for Andrew's cell phone, the small screw driver and the coffee scoop. I'm sure more items will end up missing!
I'm not really here to talk too much about the actual act of moving. It's just too tiring. I am here to report that we did not pick up fast food last evening. Instead, I stopped and pulled out placemats, cloth napkins, china, crystal and flatware. I set up two places and waited for the doorbell to ring.
We are wealthy in friendships! Thanks to Sue, Scott, Jane and Jim, we feasted on
Mark Bittman's Soy Chicken
Spinach Souffle with Caramelized Onions, Sauteed Diced Red
Pepper and Mushrooms
Pepper and Mushrooms
Fruit Salsa with Strawberries, Cherries, Peaches, Green Onions
and Jalapeno Peppers
and Jalapeno Peppers
A plate well earned and thoroughly enjoyed!
But, we weren't finished...
Lemon Rosemary cake with whipped cream.
We drifted off to sleep feeling joyful for such good friends and dreamed of leftovers! I'll be asking to share recipes with you soon. And, I'll be back visiting each of you as soon as I find that cell phone, etc..
Hope you had a nice move, is always a mess!
ReplyDeleteBut go slowly Bonnie!!
All these plates look delicious!!!
xoxo
I know that you are knee deep in boxes....but, it can go slowly now. Take a few minutes for you!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a well deserved feast Bonnie. Good luck with the unpacking.
ReplyDeleteYou are SURELY a wealthy woman to have such good friends. Glad your move went smoothly. Wishing you many happy new memories made in your new home xoxo
ReplyDeletePattie
Glad to hear that the move went off without too many hitches.
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to have friends that take such good care of you.
That meal looked really yummy. Looking forward to your
recipes.
M :)
I'm glad it went so smoothly, Bonnie. Enjoy your new home :-)
ReplyDeleteA meal delivered from a friend beats any meal out … and how special to celebrate your first meal at home with your best ware and such a delicious meal. Glad it all went well--you have lots of time to unpack And your movers--lol--I thought they were local to our city! Oh well. I learned something.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good moving day! What a wonderful dinner celebration provided by your friends for your first day in your new home!
ReplyDeleteTake it one box at a time--it will all get done! ;)
AW such nice friends to bring you such a feast! We ended up going to Whole Foods for dinner the first night, because we were dead tired! I'm finally recovered from lack of sleep, but still working on those darn boxes. I don't even want to look at the ones down in the basement area. Going from a four bedroom 2,000 plus square feet into loosing a family room and a smaller kitchen is tough. Luckily there is a ton of storage in this house, not that I don't want to keep all the junk, but at least it will give us time to sort through it!!! Happy unpacking :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome meal for moving day! I see just a peek of the house, it looks a bit like ours. How about showing us a picture of the house? I need to know MORE.
ReplyDeleteWow, you are blessed! What a moving day meal you enjoyed. Moving is exhausting. I recently found a white pitcher I use for flowers....it's been is a box with candle holders, etc. but the box was not labeled as such :) I do hope you find the cell phone!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went so well..
ReplyDeleteSO WELL!!
Glad to hear the move went well! Dinner looks amazing:@)
ReplyDeleteWhat nice friends! It looks delicious, and isn't it about the best thing people can do for you when you move!
ReplyDeleteBlessing to you during this busy time!
You moved! How exciting! And exhausting!!! Best wishes in your new home!!!! That meal looked wonderful!
ReplyDeleteXO Kris
i can't decide which is more awesome, the fact Comcast was there so fast with your internet or that stunning buffet your friends brought to you. glad it all went smoothly.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you've moved in and are getting settled. Food all looks great, and great friends makes it even better!
ReplyDeleteThe title alone of this post made me salivate! I can't stand moving and wish you rest and relaxation and recovery!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that your friends brought dinner and dessert for you!! I'm sure it will still be a lot of work to get things unpacked and stored. A little at a time is my motto :)
ReplyDelete