We are finally getting into hot summer days. Up until the past week or so, our temperatures have remained more spring like. Like soup in the freezer for a cold winter's day, a bowl of summer salad in the refrigerator brings a comfortable feeling. With the farmer's market twice a week here, it's easy to keep freshly harvested vegetables on the table.
This colorful salad is easy to pull together and quite tasty.
1 lb frozen shelled edamame
3 cups corn kernels, blanched
1 chopped red bell pepper
3/4 cup sliced green onion
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Dressing:
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Prepare edamame according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside to drain thoroughly.
Combine edamame, corn, red bell pepper, green onion, parsley and basil.
In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add rest of the ingredients to the bowl and toss to coat.
Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Enjoy!
I love edamame..just made a quinoa salad w/ them..so good..happy we can get them frozen!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect hot summer meal. This looks fabulous and sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteYou said it, Bonnie! It's definitely summer and hot now!!! Good colorful salad for a day like this!
ReplyDeleteI have never eaten edamame and did not know what it was until a couple of weeks ago, a friend emailed and said she had a salad with it. i had to look it up... this looks really good to me
ReplyDeleteThis is a great healthy salad to enjoy! Our weather has been like swamp heat. I am craving cooler weather.
ReplyDeleteVelva
Sounds nice and easy-enjoy:@)
ReplyDeletewhat beautiful look this Bonnie:)))
ReplyDeleteGreat hot summer meal Bonnie. Very beautiful presentation too in that pretty bowl.
ReplyDeleteSam
Yes it sounds perfect for a hot summer day. thanks for the recipe.
ReplyDeleteHow gorgeous is that? Those colors, those flavors. I do love edamame.
ReplyDeleteWe've had a few toasty days this month too but had a wonderful cool front come in yesterday afternoon. What a delicious and healthy salad for a warm day. I'm sure we'll have more of those yet!
ReplyDeleteOh, I like edamame beans and this salad looks wonderful. Neat, I have that same glass dish -- I know what I'm going to use it for next! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for a lovely browse through your blog. Enjoyed the photos and recipes.
Brenda