Monday, May 9, 2016

Post Mother's Day Post

I woke up Mother's Day morning to the sound of birds chirping out a varied melody outside my window.  The sky was blue with white, puffy clouds scudding by.  NO RAIN!  It was a perfect time for a walk, returning to enjoy a steaming mug of coffee on the porch while Andrew prepared brunch.


This lovely boxed arrived on the doorstep Saturday afternoon.


Edible art!  Had I taken the photo this morning,
the heart in the upper right and the chocolate three spaces to the
left of it would be missing.  I shared with Andrew as an after-dinner treat.
They are as delicious as they look!!


These gerbera daisies are the most beautiful red wine color.  
My camera, with the light at hand,  just couldn't quite capture that color.

I spent the rest of the day reading The Secret Chord, Geraldine Brooks' latest book and enjoying phone calls from the boys.  Later, we headed out for dinner at Sage.  It was a very good day!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful box of chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day - and our weather was perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day. Yum on candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect day. Yum on candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, The chocolates are beautiful! Sounds like you had a lovely day. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful chocolates Bonnie :)
    And look delicious ...
    Im happy you had a lovely mom's day !
    We went to my mom's house and she was happy with some gifts we give her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day! Edible art indeed-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... a lovely day!

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had an Awesome Mother's Day!

    Those chocolates are AMAZING!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edible art indeed! Both the chocolates and flowers are beautiful! I received a gorgeous orchid plant on Mothers' Day from one of my daughters and then forgot it at their home but it's getting delivered tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from you, my blogging friends.